Re: Giraffe Lee Lewis

Postby Piet » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:58 pm

scottdoran1 wrote:You guys are hilarious

I wish we could say the same about you :D
My life will never be the same.
Piet

Postby Logan » Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:48 pm

Why has this forum become such a negative space? Why can't we focus on the fact that it's 2019 and Jerry Lee Lewis is still somehow performing? Not only that, but his frequency of shows is going up. I really wonder if many of you are honestly fans of The Killer in 2019? Why can't we focus on the great moments and memories Jerry Lee has given, and continues to give to all of us? Let's not forget we didn't become Jerry Lee Lewis fans because of his personal life. We became fans because of his music and his amazing talent. Jerry Lee Lewis has always done only what he wants to do, that isn't new. Suddenly, he makes some choices that you disagree with and you forget that ol Jerry Lee is human too. All I want is The Killer to be happy and to continue to rock on and he's doing that. None of us know what has gone behind closed doors and more importantly it isn't our business. We can all have our opinion on things, but why become bitter and jaded about it?

I love this forum because it has experts like Peter C and Piet, who has seen Jerry Lee countless time. II love all of the insight from years gone by, and would love to hear what their reaction would be if they attended a show today. But instead it seems like the few remaining contributors to this forum just want to criticize Jerry Lee. Are you a fan or a critic? I'm also a member of Scott's group and he, as well as a few others do an amazing service for fans. He does a wonderful job running things and hasn't forgotten he's a fan first and foremost. He respects differing opinions as long as they are respectful and never acts like he knows more than anybody. I can't say the same about some contributors here.

I'm going to see Jerry Lee next week in South Carolina and I couldn't be more excited. I'm going to sit in the balcony and watch the master at work. Don't you all remember what that is like, to see The Killer live? There's nothing like it. So many of you lost sight of the fact that we've all loved that he's this wild outlaw and who does what he wants on stage and off. I don't think he's a gives a damn what we think, anyway.

I'm going to enjoy him while he's still here, Rock on, because The Killer certainly is!
Logan

Postby PeterC » Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:50 am

I'm not bitter and jaded, that's why I want to attend fanclub conventions again, just as I did in the 80s and 90s. Unfortunately, they seem to be top secret invite-only events that not even the JLL International fanclub are aware of.

I am even seriously considering writing a book on JLL (book writing is far more satisfying than just endlessly commenting on forums), though I've one or two other book ideas I want to work on first.

Enjoy the show!
PeterC

Postby tchr » Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:58 am

Logan wrote:Why has this forum become such a negative space? Why can't we focus on the fact that it's 2019 and Jerry Lee Lewis is still somehow performing? Not only that, but his frequency of shows is going up. I really wonder if many of you are honestly fans of The Killer in 2019? Why can't we focus on the great moments and memories Jerry Lee has given, and continues to give to all of us? Let's not forget we didn't become Jerry Lee Lewis fans because of his personal life. We became fans because of his music and his amazing talent. Jerry Lee Lewis has always done only what he wants to do, that isn't new. Suddenly, he makes some choices that you disagree with and you forget that ol Jerry Lee is human too. All I want is The Killer to be happy and to continue to rock on and he's doing that. None of us know what has gone behind closed doors and more importantly it isn't our business. We can all have our opinion on things, but why become bitter and jaded about it?

I love this forum because it has experts like Peter C and Piet, who has seen Jerry Lee countless time. II love all of the insight from years gone by, and would love to hear what their reaction would be if they attended a show today. But instead it seems like the few remaining contributors to this forum just want to criticize Jerry Lee. Are you a fan or a critic? I'm also a member of Scott's group and he, as well as a few others do an amazing service for fans. He does a wonderful job running things and hasn't forgotten he's a fan first and foremost. He respects differing opinions as long as they are respectful and never acts like he knows more than anybody. I can't say the same about some contributors here.

I'm going to see Jerry Lee next week in South Carolina and I couldn't be more excited. I'm going to sit in the balcony and watch the master at work. Don't you all remember what that is like, to see The Killer live? There's nothing like it. So many of you lost sight of the fact that we've all loved that he's this wild outlaw and who does what he wants on stage and off. I don't think he's a gives a damn what we think, anyway.

I'm going to enjoy him while he's still here, Rock on, because The Killer certainly is!

You have some very good points here Logan. I could not agree more. Some of us are in here because of the music, not Jerry's private life. It's not our business as far as I'm concerned. There are still some people in here who wants to contribute with recording news, show reviews, new stuff on you-tube, dvd's etc, problem is there ain much to write about this days.
So, enjoy the show, and ... write a little report here on the forum :)
Tore
tchr

Postby wolfgangguhl » Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:54 pm

Jerry's private life is so public and so mixed up with his music it is hard to ignore.
wolfgangguhl

Postby Piet » Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:10 pm

tchr wrote: You have some very good points here Logan. I could not agree more. Some of us are in here because of the music, not Jerry's private life. It's not our business as far as I'm concerned. There are still some people in here who wants to contribute with recording news, show reviews, new stuff on you-tube, dvd's etc, problem is there ain much to write about this days.
Tore

So you read my stories that I shared with you all about private things concerning Jerry and his family and I'm not entittled to have comments on private things about JLL when it hurts my feelings, little bit strange isn't it :roll:
My life will never be the same.
Piet

Postby bailbath » Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:53 am

tchr wrote:
Logan wrote:Why has this forum become such a negative space? Why can't we focus on the fact that it's 2019 and Jerry Lee Lewis is still somehow performing? Not only that, but his frequency of shows is going up. I really wonder if many of you are honestly fans of The Killer in 2019? Why can't we focus on the great moments and memories Jerry Lee has given, and continues to give to all of us? Let's not forget we didn't become Jerry Lee Lewis fans because of his personal life. We became fans because of his music and his amazing talent. Jerry Lee Lewis has always done only what he wants to do, that isn't new. Suddenly, he makes some choices that you disagree with and you forget that ol Jerry Lee is human too. All I want is The Killer to be happy and to continue to rock on and he's doing that. None of us know what has gone behind closed doors and more importantly it isn't our business. We can all have our opinion on things, but why become bitter and jaded about it?

You have some very good points here Logan. I could not agree more. Some of us are in here because of the music, not Jerry's private life. It's not our business as far as I'm concerned. There are still some people in here who wants to contribute with recording news, show reviews, new stuff on you-tube, dvd's etc, problem is there ain much to write about this days.
Tore

Thanks for the points raised guys. This forum has always been open to any opinion on JLL that was why it was founded. It's a place that as long as you are respectful and stick to the forum rules, that we all signed up to originally, pretty much anything goes. There have been times when I have had to stop discussions over disagreements but I have not had to do that for a while. I think we have all become mild in the passage of time. I will continue to admin as long as I can but do appreciate your feedback.
Ian
bailbath

Site Admin

Previous

Return to Discussions