London Session 1973 Video correct audio synch

London Session 1973 Video correct audio synch

Postby lucio » Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:52 pm

Following on from my Brussels upload of last week, here is another rarity for all of you to enjoy. Short and sweet:

In January of 1973 Jerry travelled to the UK to lay down some of the finest rock, blues and country tracks of his career. For the first time here is some video documentation of the event as a 2018 New Year's gift to the fans courtesy of Daniel White, filmed by Wim De Boer, transferred by Pierre Pennone.

Correctly synched to Early Morning Rain

https://youtu.be/dow7wKygMgA
Last edited by lucio on Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lucio

Re: New Year's Day unreleased Video

Postby PeterC » Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:10 am

Now, THIS is the video I expected to see on Christmas Day! Historic stuff. :shock:
PeterC

Re: London Session 1973 Video correct audio synch

Postby lucio » Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:09 pm

New link added with correct audio-video synch.
Lucio
lucio

Postby bailbath » Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:25 pm

Brilliant thank you very much the sync is great
bailbath

Site Admin

Postby tchr » Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:10 pm

PeterC wrote:Now, THIS is the video I expected to see on Christmas Day! Historic stuff. :shock:

:shock: amazing! Makes me wonder how much more stuff there is around in peoples private collections...
tchr

Postby Piet » Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:22 pm

Tore Christensen wrote:
PeterC wrote:Now, THIS is the video I expected to see on Christmas Day! Historic stuff. :shock:

:shock: amazing! Makes me wonder how much more stuff there is around in peoples private collections...

Then I wonder why it has been kept in their own vaults for so long?? :roll:
My life will never be the same.
Piet

Postby Maarten K. » Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:15 pm

Fantastic!! Always loved this outtake as I think Jerry's piano playing on this one is great.

And now we actually have footage of The Session. Never thought that would ever surface.
Maarten K.

Postby lucio » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:10 pm

I've been offering to edit people's rare videos for years and although some material has surfaced I wonder how much is still in the vaults.

Gary Skala was a good friend of mine who filmed hundreds of shows (I've seen about 20) but in the end did not copy for anyone and willed the films to Phoebe where it must be lying in some basement collecting dust. As the years passed I suggested to Gary that I could re-edit his films for posterity and perhaps he could give it to Jerry to sell to fans privately and earn 100% of the money from sales. His answer was that he didn't want any of Jerry's wives getting a hold of the videos and because he signed a contract as an exclusive personal videographer he did not want to break his word to Jerry. Consequently great films from the 1980s may never see the light of day. I did try to contact Phoebe as well but she never replied to me.

Luckily there are lots of fans who are willing to share their own films and/or audios like Pierre, Piet, Peter Hayman, Markus Rothe, Tom Sturt, Christian,Peter Molecz amongst others. Thomas Rund has also given us some audio gems over the last few years though I wish he would consider quarterly gifts to the fans rather than yearly. Apologies if I've forgotten anyone. Recently Brussels and the London Sessions are due to Daniel White getting a hold of and sharing the films.

Peter Checksfield deserves the greatest respect in my book because a large part of our video/audio collections are due to his sharing with fellow fans. He was 'The Source' for so many years and I think we helped each other develop very nice video collections (I would supply the US recordings and he would give me the European appearances). Federico and Josinho are the Kings of internet JLL uploads and I contribute when I can.

Hopefully there is a lot more to surface in coming years.

Lucio
Last edited by lucio on Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lucio

Postby Piet » Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:55 pm

Of course we all owe it to you Lucio to bring out the best quality after editing the films. I never had any problem with filming Jerry, not by Kerrie and not by Phoebe. It was I believe in Paradiso were the security people wanted me to turn of my camera but Kerrie stepped in and told them I was filming for the Lewis clan and so I could carrie on. I didn't film that much but I did the tree shows in Newport 1994, the two shows in Arnheim and Paradiso Amsterdam in 1994 and a part of the 40th Anniverseryshow in 1996. These were edited by you and later I stopped filming because it was more fun to watch the shows live instead of trough that small camera. I know there must be a lot more because everywhere i saw camera's but on the other hand, who knows that there is a fanclub and a forum dedicated to Jerry Lee Lewis. Most of the people in the audience don't know about these forums and once in a while you see something coming up on YouTube. Another way to show the old clips of the shows.
Piet

Postby scottdoran1 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:19 pm

Peter C - Once told me he has a full video recording of Oslo 1985, i have never seen this nor ever heard of it existing
I am sure he was jesting with me
scottdoran1

Postby Piet » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:03 pm

I can imagine the fact if you got something special from anotherfan with the restriction not giving it to other people you have to stick to that promise.
Don't say this has happened but it could be??
Piet

Postby tchr » Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:09 pm

lucio wrote:I've been offering to edit people's rare videos for years and although some material has surfaced I wonder how much is still in the vaults.

Gary Skala was a good friend of mine who filmed hundreds of shows (I've seen about 20) but in the end did not copy for anyone and willed the films to Phoebe where it must be lying in some basement collecting dust. As the years passed I suggested to Gary that I could re-edit his films for posterity and perhaps he could give it to Jerry to sell to fans privately and earn 100% of the money from sales. His answer was that he didn't want any of Jerry's wives getting a hold of the videos and because he signed a contract as an exclusive personal videographer he did not want to break his word to Jerry. Consequently great films from the 1980s may never see the light of day. I did try to contact Phoebe as well but she never replied to me.

Luckily there are lots of fans who are willing to share their own films and/or audios like Pierre, Piet, Peter Hayman, Markus Rothe, Tom Sturt, Christian,Peter Molecz amongst others. Thomas Rund has also given us some audio gems over the last few years though I wish he would consider quarterly gifts to the fans rather than yearly. Apologies if I've forgotten anyone. Recently Brussels and the London Sessions are due to Daniel White getting a hold of and sharing the films.

Peter Checksfield deserves the greatest respect in my book because a large part of our video/audio collections are due to his sharing with fellow fans. He was 'The Source' for so many years and I think we helped each other develop very nice video collections (I would supply the US recordings and he would give me the European appearances). Federico and Josinho are the Kings of internet JLL uploads and I contribute when I can.

Hopefully there is a lot more to surface in coming years.

Lucio

First of all, a huge thank you to you guys who are willing to share these films and to you guys who are doing the work with edeting this. And yes Lucio, thank God for Peter C.
I can't honestly say I understand the reason for sitting and holding on to audios and videos etc. I thought the whole idea was to spread the gospel. I don't mind spend a few quid to the people who are doing the work with this instead of beeing locked up in somebodys very foolish seiret collections. What's idea with that? Makes me think of Lord of the Rings and Gollum "my precious".
tchr

Postby PeterC » Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:37 pm

I don't have anything by JLL that I haven't already shared.
PeterC

Postby Piet » Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:35 pm

PeterC wrote:I don't have anything by JLL that I haven't already shared.

I know Peter but maybe there are other fans who have material that they don't share beacuse of that.
Piet

Postby tchr » Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:20 pm

Piet wrote:
PeterC wrote:I don't have anything by JLL that I haven't already shared.

I know Peter but maybe there are other fans who have material that they don't share beacuse of that.

Because of what?
tchr

Next

Return to Discussions