Open letter to Jerry Lee Lewis

Open letter to Jerry Lee Lewis

Postby Piet » Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:56 pm

Dear mister Lewis, hello Jerry,

When we saw your first show back in 1972 in Amsterdam we were trilled to see a show from the wild one, the Killer himself. Over the years we grow closer and closer and we became good friends with your daughter Phoebe. Even with your wife at that time, Kerry, we had a special bond and even Lee junior spend his eight birthday in our house while you were on tour in Europe. We all could get along easely. On our holidays in Memphis we visited, together with Phoeb, your ranch and we felt very welcome.
Although you didn't spend much time outside your room we had good times with your family members and even in Ferriday we had a warm welcome knowing Phoebe called to say we were coming over to visit your family house.
My late wife Els was a big fan of you and you'll remember her very well, the young lady with the red cap in the late 70 en early 80, later we became closer and were allowed to visited you in your dressingrooms wherever you had a show to play close to Holland. Being parents ourself we brought our little girl with us to meet you and you will remember her also as a fine young lady just as your own daughter Phoebe. When Els passed away in 2009 you played a beautiful song for her " Help me make it through the night" and it brought tears to my eyes, not only by me, also Edith (our daugther) and Phoebe stood there crying for the fact you brought a tribute to your biggest fan and all the fans in the audience know you were playing this song for that wonderful lady as Els was.
How would she be hurt knowing things went so different after she's gone. You turned your back on your own daughter who was so close to us and all because of your music. She tried so hard to make you succesful and gave away many years of het life to serve you and your music.
Now as the father of that beautiful girl who looks so much as her mother I simply can't imagine how a father can push a lovely daughter away for a new wife. If my daughter would not be welcome at my house after having a new wife I would personaly get her in the house. Does it ever cross your mind that Phoebe or Zeke aren't the only one to blame in this case. Why trying to get all they have just to justify your wifes greeve?
From one father to another, quit this bullshit and act like you've did before and solve this problem as soon as possible because it's hurting your career in the autumn of your life. Will you be remembered as Jerry Lee Lewis, The Killer, the Wild One, the Last Man Standing or as the poor man who destroyed the last days of his life suing his own daughter.
C'mon Jerry, be wise and put your hands on the table for once and show your the man in the house and get the respect back from lots of fans around the world.
My life will never be the same.
Piet

Re: Open letter to Jerry Lee Lewis

Postby Piet » Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:57 pm

Feel free to post it everywhere you want !
Piet

Postby Tony Papard » Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:43 pm

Piet wrote:Feel free to post it everywhere you want !

If only there were a way to get Jerry to read this, but I fear there isn't. I doubt he has access to the Internet and if sent by mail he wouldn't receive it either.
Long ago in Ferriday down in Louisiana, They all watched Jerry play and pump that old piana

My blog: http://www.tonypapard.info/

My Jerry Lee Lewis page:
http://www.btinternet.com/~tony.papard/JERRYLEELEWIS.HTM
Tony Papard

Postby Tony Papard » Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:52 pm

I'm posting it as a comment to Zeke's latest Facebook post about the situation. He says they have NOT been sued yet anyway, but if they are he'll fight it all the way and the truth will come out.
Long ago in Ferriday down in Louisiana, They all watched Jerry play and pump that old piana

My Jerry Lee Lewis page:
Tony Papard

Postby PeterC » Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:22 pm

Tony Papard wrote:

If only there were a way to get Jerry to read this, but I fear there isn't. I doubt he has access to the Internet and if sent by mail he wouldn't receive it either.

He wouldn't take any notice of it even if he did read it. Piet means well, but he's wasting his time.
PeterC

Postby Piet » Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:50 pm

I know that very well but someone has to make a start and so I did !
Piet

Postby Piet » Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:52 pm

Tony Papard wrote:

I'm posting it as a comment to Zeke's latest Facebook post about the situation. He says they have NOT been sued yet anyway, but if they are he'll fight it all the way and the truth will come out.

So that's a way that Judith will read it :D
Piet

Postby wolfgangguhl » Wed Sep 21, 2016 4:25 pm

Piet wrote:Dear mister Lewis, hello Jerry,

When we saw your first show back in 1972 in Amsterdam we were trilled to see a show from the wild one, the Killer himself. Over the years we grow closer and closer and we became good friends with your daughter Phoebe. Even with your wife at that time, Kerry, we had a special bond and even Lee junior spend his eight birthday in our house while you were on tour in Europe. We all could get along easely. On our holidays in Memphis we visited, together with Phoeb, your ranch and we felt very welcome.
Although you didn't spend much time outside your room we had good times with your family members and even in Ferriday we had a warm welcome knowing Phoebe called to say we were coming over to visit your family house.
My late wife Els was a big fan of you and you'll remember her very well, the young lady with the red cap in the late 70 en early 80, later we became closer and were allowed to visited you in your dressingrooms wherever you had a show to play close to Holland. Being parents ourself we brought our little girl with us to meet you and you will remember her also as a fine young lady just as your own daughter Phoebe. When Els passed away in 2009 you played a beautiful song for her " Help me make it through the night" and it brought tears to my eyes, not only by me, also Edith (our daugther) and Phoebe stood there crying for the fact you brought a tribute to your biggest fan and all the fans in the audience know you were playing this song for that wonderful lady as Els was.
How would she be hurt knowing things went so different after she's gone. You turned your back on your own daughter who was so close to us and all because of your music. She tried so hard to make you succesful and gave away many years of het life to serve you and your music.
Now as the father of that beautiful girl who looks so much as her mother I simply can't imagine how a father can push a lovely daughter away for a new wife. If my daughter would not be welcome at my house after having a new wife I would personaly get her in the house. Does it ever cross your mind that Phoebe or Zeke aren't the only one to blame in this case. Why trying to get all they have just to justify your wifes greeve?
From one father to another, quit this bullshit and act like you've did before and solve this problem as soon as possible because it's hurting your career in the autumn of your life. Will you be remembered as Jerry Lee Lewis, The Killer, the Wild One, the Last Man Standing or as the poor man who destroyed the last days of his life suing his own daughter.
C'mon Jerry, be wise and put your hands on the table for once and show your the man in the house and get the respect back from lots of fans around the world.

Phoebe Lewis likes this!
wolfgangguhl

Postby Piet » Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:15 pm

Why shouldn't she :shock:
Piet

Postby wolfgangguhl » Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:51 pm

I just wanted to inform you that she read your letter on Facebook and "liked" it.
wolfgangguhl

Postby Piet » Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:19 pm

wolfgangguhl wrote:I just wanted to inform you that she read your letter on Facebook and "liked" it.

Okay, in that case, thanks Wolfgang :D
Piet

Postby Tony Papard » Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:19 pm

Piet wrote:
wolfgangguhl wrote:I just wanted to inform you that she read your letter on Facebook and "liked" it.

Okay, in that case, thanks Wolfgang :D

Yes, Phoebe clicked 'Like' and Zeke thanked me for posting it too.

My Jerry Lee Lewis page:
Tony Papard

Postby Piet » Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:38 pm

Thanks Tony, so the letter is finding his way on internet :lol:
Piet

Postby PeterC » Thu Sep 22, 2016 7:27 am

Link, anyone? :roll:
PeterC

Postby PirateHook » Fri Sep 23, 2016 4:08 pm

I don't know much of this subject but i have a feeling that it's complicated. I think if Jerry really loves Judith he will not care what anyone thinks at his age. I have a feeling that he first cares about his own happiness. maybe not strange when he's over 80. But i may be wrong. But i do feel very sorry for his daugther, she shouldn't go through this. He could care about that but for Judith i doubt it very much.
PirateHook

Next

Return to Discussions