24. - 26. June 2016 - Memorabilia Auction & Garage Sale

Re: 24. - 26. June 2016 - Memorabilia Auction & Garage Sale

Postby jayhawks » Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:35 am

Via FB:

"My father and Stepmom, Jerry Lee and Judith Lewis, have decided to sell some of their long time belongings. Furniture, smaller items, kitchenware, personal JLL Memorabillia, and more available

Sale is Friday June 24 8am-6pm and again Saturday 8am-6pm

Some items will be posted to this event page as for sale, but any shipping or handling will be buyers responsibilty.

All items sold on property become the responsibility of the buyer to ship or handle.

Since I have had a lot of personal inquiries into the matter Dad(Jerry Lee) wants everyone to know he is not selling his property or leaving his home. After so many years of traveling the country, furnishing other homes, and then getting said furniture back he and Judith just have to much and would like to let some of it go."

https://www.facebook.com/events/1710882392509393/
I'm a rollin' stone all alone and lost
For a life of sin I have paid the cost
When I pass by all the people say
Just another guy on the lost highway
jayhawks

Postby thrund » Fri Jun 24, 2016 6:38 am

FOX13 Memphis' Scott Madaus & Jerry Lee Lewis III about the sale at the ranch:

https://www.facebook.com/scottmadaus/vi ... 367207572/

Thomas
The best way to avoid disappointment is to not expect anything from anyone.
thrund

Postby jayhawks » Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:19 am

thrund wrote:FOX13 Memphis' Scott Madaus & Jerry Lee Lewis III about the sale at the ranch:

https://www.facebook.com/scottmadaus/vi ... 367207572/

Thomas

Doesn`t look good for me...
i have mixed emotions watching the video. :shock:
jayhawks

Postby rockin532000 » Sat Jun 25, 2016 1:29 pm

A lot of garbage...why would somebody buy a used coffee machine???
rockin532000

Postby Rocky » Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:51 pm

Or a mason jar for a dollar. One can usually buy a case of a dozen of them at any yard sale for a dollar.
Rocky

Postby jayhawks » Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:58 am

Via FB:

Judith Coghlan Lewis

"Killer Korner update. Love all the wonderful fans that bared the Heat and bought a little piece of Rock and Roll history of things that you can say ,This was Jerry Lee Lewis' or this came from JLL and Judith's home or especially to get clothing and records ....and kitchen dishes he ate out of. Fans were thrilled. So my thanks to Jerry Lee Lewis 111 and to his Debbie for handlng a toddler almost and a 3 year old by herself this past week. Then to our Security Team. Houston Stinnett ,Donald,Butch , Chris,Maria, Loyd Chelette,and Glen Gosset ,Then to my Cuz Rhonda Kaye Redcher,Bobbie, my great friend and neighbor next door and my Louisiana BFF Gale Chelette and husband Loyd that came nearly 500 miles to help Jerry Lee and Lee make our Sale a huge success. Never would have been a success without them. Heat was awful but God got us through without anyone stroking out from heat...MIA for next few days. Killer s request and I am glad!!!!!God Bless you all. Love to you all Mr. And Mrs. Killer. We all worked from 7 A M till late afternoon."
jayhawks

Postby jayhawks » Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:24 pm

http://www.wmcactionnews5.com/Clip/1255 ... lewis-home

http://m.desototimes.com/news/killer-of ... d681b.html

"The line in front of the Jerry Lee Lewis Ranch on Malone Road snaked halfway up Malone to Pleasant Hill Road Friday morning as fans of the singer filed past the ornamental brick gates emblazoned with a Baby Grand piano.

Jerry Lee Lewis' son Jerry Lee Lewis, III, also called "Lee," mopped his sweating forehead and grinned broadly at the response to a sale of memorabilia, costumes, cars and even dinnerware. The sale continues today at the sprawling ranch off Malone Road in Nesbit.

The scorching summer heat didn't faze fans of Lewis, whose hits like "Great Balls of Fire" and "Whole Lot of Shaking Going On," skyrocketed up the music charts in the late 1950s.

"People were lining up at 1:30 a.m. this morning to get a spot," said Lee Lewis of his father's fans. "They're great. The staying power of the fans is attributed to his music. It's second to none."

As Lewis talked with a reporter, he received a hug from a familiar face to him, a woman in her seventies who introduced herself as Dr. George Nichopoulos' medical assistant. "Dr. Nick," as he was called, gained fame during the 60s and 70s as the physician to the stars, like the late Elvis Presley.

"How are you? Good to see you," the younger Lewis said, returning the embrace.

Friends, fans and even groupies of the singer turned up to rummage through the items up for sale.

"He's always been willing to be there for his fans," Lewis said. "We could have gone through an auction company in New York to do this but my father wanted to do this himself. The thing I learned from my father is to never put them (fans) second."

As Lee Lewis' stepmother Judith Lewis sat behind a cash register ringing up sales, items ranging from the very inexpensive to the very expensive were on display, including a sofa, home furnishings and a sky blue, 1960s vintage barber chair that sold for $1,000.

"This white tuxedo coat was worn onstage for a tribute concert with Roy Orbison which is going for $15,000," Lewis said. "But we've also got some things priced at $1."

One of the most expensive items up for sale is Jerry Lee Lewis' 1990 Cornish Rolls Royce.

Lee Lewis glided his hand across the vehicle's gleaming cream yellow hood. The stylish vehicle sported California license plates.

Skip Cash of Hot Springs, Ark. drove down to the singer's Nesbit ranch just for the chance to own a few of the "Killer's" belongings.

"I'm a big Jerry Lee Lewis fan," Cash said, adding the first time he heard the rockabilly piano player's voice was in Mannheim, West Germany in 1956.

Cash said he can't remember the exact song but Jerry Lee Lewis' voice and raucous piano-playing style is a sound he would never forget.

Lori Young of Hernando came away with a frying pan, which she will use "for frying purposes," she said.

"She (Judith) said it was one of her favorite kinds of pans," added Young. "I'm excited because I also got the Million Dollar Quartet album. I think it's an investment because of the movie they are making."

Michael Smith of Memphis said he heard about the sale and "I figure that I wanted to check it out."

Libby Perry, also of Memphis, bought a decorative Western pot along with some other knick-knacks. "We also got some spoons and china. I'm also a big Elvis fan but if I'm honest, I'm an estate sale fan. We're here for the experience."

Sheena Barnett of Hernando said her mission was simple.

"I just wanted to come by and get a fork from Jerry Lee and a picture to take home to my mama," Barnett said.

One of Jerry Lee Lewis' youngest fans was all smiles despite the heat.

"I like his songs," 11 year-old Seulgi Larsen of Memphis said. "My favorite is 'Great Balls of Fire'."

As the morning sun climbed higher into the sky, Lee Lewis was philosophic about the success of the sale.

"It's just two hours into it," Lewis said. "As long as the people keep coming and we've got stuff to sell …"

Robert Lee Long is Community Editor for the DeSoto Times-Tribune. He may be contacted at rlong@desototimestribune.com or at 662-429-6397, Ext. 252."
jayhawks

Previous

Return to Discussions