Myra releases new book, “The Spark That Survied

Re: Myra releases new book, “The Spark That Survied

Postby wolfgangguhl » Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:28 pm

bailbath wrote:
wolfgangguhl wrote:Exactly, Chris. These people got an totalarian attitude and try to keep others in order. That's why I posted his comment and consider it relevant for discussion. Some parts of the fan scene actually portray the opposite of what Rock'n'Roll is all about: freedom of expression.

Wolfgang I'm all for freedom of expression but this topic has gone too personal. I hope you will remove all the posts that are personal. If not I will.
Ian

Done, now who removes Lucas' posts?
wolfgangguhl

Postby PeterC » Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:41 pm

wolfgangguhl wrote:Done, now who removes Lucas' posts?

If I ever meet him I'll remove his balls! :twisted:
Last edited by PeterC on Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PeterC

Postby PeterC » Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:44 pm

Tumppi wrote:Personally I'm not so interested about Myra's personal life that I would buy this new book right now (maybe later), but her previous book was good and seemed to be a honest memoir, probably this new one is too.

Yes, I don't get the criticism that she supposedly didn't have a kind word to say about Jerry. I thought it was fairly balanced considering it was written by an ex (I don't think some of my ex's would be so complimentary about me!).
PeterC

Postby Maarten K. » Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:38 pm

I hope Myra's new book will focus less on the 'scandal' years and will tell more about the later years. In fact the years up to now. All in relation to Jerry of course. Personally I'm not interested in Myra's private life without the Killer.

The scandal years have been documented well enough by now. That was my dissapointment about Jerry's latest autobiography. 80% is about the 50's. We know that story by now. The following 60 years surely have enough for a whole book.
Maarten K.

Postby bailbath » Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:24 am

wolfgangguhl wrote:
bailbath wrote:
wolfgangguhl wrote:Exactly, Chris. These people got an totalarian attitude and try to keep others in order. That's why I posted his comment and consider it relevant for discussion. Some parts of the fan scene actually portray the opposite of what Rock'n'Roll is all about: freedom of expression.

Wolfgang I'm all for freedom of expression but this topic has gone too personal. I hope you will remove all the posts that are personal. If not I will.
Ian

Done, now who removes Lucas' posts?

Thank you Wolfie, you have proven to be someone who listens to reasoned points of view I appreciate you editing your posts. Lucas is in the process of deleting his posts.
Ian
bailbath

Site Admin

Postby bailbath » Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:50 am

bailbath wrote:
thrund wrote:
What qualifies Lucas Jenke to judge about a book (which he has not read) in this hatefully style in public?

Thomas

Thomas can you edit this post to remove any personal statements.
Ian

Thank you Thomas.
Ian
bailbath

Site Admin

Postby Rocky » Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:41 pm

Four books on Jerry Lee? Pardon me, but at my last count there were eleven: I'm not going to rate them, that's up to you. I know how I'd rate them.
Whole Lotta Shakin' Goin' On - Robert Cain.
Jerry Lee Lewis Rocks - Robert Palmer.
Hellfire - Nick Tosches.
Rockin' my Life Away - Jimmy Guterman.
Great Balls of Fire - Myra Lewis Williams.
Devil, Me, & Jerry Lee - Linda Gail Lewis.
Jerry Lee Lewis Story - Charles 'Dr. Rock' White.
Whole Lotta Shakin' - J. W. Brown.
Jerry Lee Lewis: His Own Story - Rick Bragg.
The Spark That Survived - Myra Lewis Williams.
The Ferriday Fireball - Paul MacPhail.
Rocky

Postby PeterC » Thu Feb 18, 2016 3:22 pm

PeterC wrote:So after having no books on Jerry for 25 years suddenly we had 4 books.

Rocky wrote:Four books on Jerry Lee? Pardon me, but at my last count there were eleven.

I didn't claim there have only been 4 JLL books. What I said was after 25 years (ie in 1982) we suddenly had 4 books instead of none. I could hardly forget Charles White's book after spending 2 years of my life working on it (and never getting paid)...

Incidentally you forgot Joe Bonomo's book (another one I helped with). There have been other books too (notably the 2 in the recent Bear Family box!), as well as several booklets.
PeterC

Postby Jeroen » Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:35 pm

I've ordered the book. Hopefully the content is more promising than the cover!
Now all we need is a book by Kenny: My years with The Killer.-)
Jeroen

Postby Jeroen » Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:37 pm

Just wondering why Frankie Jean never published her memoirs...
Could be a hell of a story!-)
Jeroen

Postby PeterC » Fri Feb 19, 2016 12:14 am

Jeroen wrote:I've ordered the book. Hopefully the content is more promising than the cover!
Now all we need is a book by Kenny: My years with The Killer.-)

He's far too loyal to write anything even remotely scandalous.
PeterC

Postby PeterC » Fri Feb 19, 2016 12:17 am

Jeroen wrote:Just wondering why Frankie Jean never published her memoirs...
Could be a hell of a story!-)

With the emphasis on story! File under fiction.

I really think the only other people who could write interesting books on Jerry are Phoebe and Kerrie, though Kerrie was allegedly "gagged" as part of the divorce settlement. Does anyone know if this would be lifted after Jerry expires from this world (that's assuming he goes first)? I'm guessing it would but I'm no lawyer.
PeterC

Postby PirateHook » Fri Feb 19, 2016 3:07 am

He looks to be a descent man, i really dislike greedy people who only upsets others for some money that they could pay to keep their reputation up. But you must have getting the book for free?

PeterC wrote:
PeterC wrote:So after having no books on Jerry for 25 years suddenly we had 4 books.

Rocky wrote:Four books on Jerry Lee? Pardon me, but at my last count there were eleven.

I didn't claim there have only been 4 JLL books. What I said was after 25 years (ie in 1982) we suddenly had 4 books instead of none. I could hardly forget Charles White's book after spending 2 years of my life working on it (and never getting paid)...

Incidentally you forgot Joe Bonomo's book (another one I helped with). There have been other books too (notably the 2 in the recent Bear Family box!), as well as several booklets.
PirateHook

Postby PeterC » Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:05 am

PirateHook wrote:He looks to be a descent man, i really dislike greedy people who only upsets others for some money that they could pay to keep their reputation up. But you must have getting the book for free?

What the heck are you talking about? Who's a decent man? You've lost me here.
PeterC

Postby Piet » Fri Feb 19, 2016 3:03 pm

I guess he's talking about Judith being a greedy person, this descripsion fits her good and i know there wil be people who stands up for her but i stick to what i know :x
My life will never be the same.
Piet

PreviousNext

Return to Discussions