Myra releases new book, “The Spark That Survied

Myra releases new book, “The Spark That Survied

Postby tchr » Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:24 am

Jerry Lee Lewis’ former teenage wife releases new book
http://www.gwinnettdailypost.com/local/ ... 5cfaf.html
The five-foot-tall, petite Southern lady has a lively way of speaking and enjoys a glass of sweet tea and a good laugh. According to Williams, she originally wanted to title her memoir “Don’t Shoot the Piano Player, Let Me!”
There will be a book launch and signing for “The Spark That Survived,” from 5 to 7 p.m. Sunday, Feb. 14 at Stockey’s Food and Spirits, located at 2445 Moon Road, suite 1, in Grayson. Later that evening Williams’ dad, J.W. Brown and brother, Rusty Brown, who both played in Lewis’ band, will perform in concert with the house band.
tchr

Re: Myra releases new book, “The Spark That Survied

Postby PeterC » Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:42 am

I think I prefer her alternate title! :lol:

Good to know that J.W. Brown is still playing. He must be around 90 now.
PeterC

Postby wolfgangguhl » Fri Feb 12, 2016 3:14 pm

I am not happy about another book from her. In my opinion it is pointless and only causes more unnecessary trouble. Leave the Killer alone!
wolfgangguhl

Postby PeterC » Fri Feb 12, 2016 3:24 pm

wolfgangguhl wrote:I am not happy about another book from her. In my opinion it is pointless and only causes more unnecessary trouble. Leave the Killer alone!

She's already covered the years with Jerry in her 1982 book, so unless this has more "information" presumably the rest just continues with her life since then? I'm curious what (if anything) she writes about the Rusty / Judith / Jerry saga!

...and still Kerrie (who was married to Jerry longer than Myra was) keeps a dignified silence!
PeterC

Postby Rocky » Fri Feb 12, 2016 4:15 pm

J. W. Brown is exactly 90. He was ten years older than Jerry. I think the book will have more info on their (Jerry & Myra) life together. The first book was very vague. And I would like to see her opinion on the break-up with her brother and wife, and what her family thought of this after all the devotion they gave Jerry through the years.
Rocky

Postby Piet » Fri Feb 12, 2016 5:26 pm

Yes it's about time someone says something about the relation between the families. In my opinion it's pretty disturbed and it is to blame Judith for that. Breaking up the relation with Phoebe and JW and bringing over Lee and other so called familiemembers. The truth has to come out and it sounds not good for wife # 7 Judith, in my opinion she's the worst of all of them.
Okay, come on in and kick my ass, I don't care because I know enough:shock:
My life will never be the same.
Piet

Postby PeterC » Fri Feb 12, 2016 5:39 pm

Rocky wrote:And I would like to see her opinion on the break-up with her brother and wife, and what her family thought of this after all the devotion they gave Jerry through the years.

Piet wrote:Yes it's about time someone says something about the relation between the families. In my opinion it's pretty disturbed and it is to blame Judith for that. Breaking up the relation with Phoebe and JW and bringing over Lee and other so called familiemembers. The truth has to come out and it sounds not good for wife # 7 Judith, in my opinion she's the worst of all of them.

Myra, Jaren, Kerrie, Judith, Phoebe... everyone always blames the women but never JERRY LEE LEWIS!!! :evil:

At least Rocky (Paul) can see who the real culprit is here. It's hard to imagine Carl Perkins, Fats Domino or even a scoundrel like Chuck Berry allowing themselves to get into similar situations.
Last edited by PeterC on Fri Feb 12, 2016 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PeterC

Postby wolfgangguhl » Fri Feb 12, 2016 5:40 pm

Piet wrote:Yes it's about time someone says something about the relation between the families. In my opinion it's pretty disturbed and it is to blame Judith for that. Breaking up the relation with Phoebe and JW and bringing over Lee and other so called familiemembers. The truth has to come out and it sounds not good for wife # 7 Judith, in my opinion she's the worst of all of them.
Okay, come on in and kick my ass, I don't care because I know enough:shock:

JW attented the recent Robinsonville show!!
wolfgangguhl

Postby Piet » Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:28 pm

PeterC wrote:Myra, Jaren, Kerrie, Judith, Phoebe... everyone always blames the women but never JERRY LEE LEWIS!!! :evil:

At least Rocky (Paul) can see who the real culprit is here. It's hard to imagine Carl Perkins, Fats Domino or even a scoundrel like Chuck Berry allowing themselves to get into similar situations.

Don't think I am defending JLL over this matter, he has no backbone at all and act like a little child and does whatever mama tells him to do. :evil:
Piet

Postby PeterC » Sat Feb 13, 2016 9:14 am

Coincidentally, Judith replied to an old comment of mine on a Facebook thread last night:

I didn't think she even knew who I was, so I'm surprised to see her defending me (that's not something Linda, Frankie or Phoebe are likely to do!).
PeterC

Postby Piet » Sat Feb 13, 2016 9:45 am

I wonder what she would have said if you wrote something else about her :roll:
I don't say Judith is no good for Jerry but I think she's a mean bitch :x
Piet

Postby PeterC » Sat Feb 13, 2016 9:52 am

Piet wrote:I don't say Judith is no good for Jerry but I think she's a mean bitch :x

A woman needs to be a little mean (or bitchy) to live with Jerry Lee Lewis! :P

But YOU knew Linda Gail well Piet, tell me what the reaction used to be whenever anyone said anything nice about Kerrie. I bet the words "honest", "trustworthy" and "right on target" weren't mentioned. :wink:

I know people who are friends with both Linda and Kerrie, yet they have to keep their friendship with Kerrie secret from Linda because they know her reaction (and no doubt Frankie Jean is the same, possibly Phoebe too). Refreshing to see that Judith isn't like this, and neither is Kerrie.
PeterC

Postby Piet » Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:23 pm

Haha, you know i changed my mind over the past years about one of them :( . Kerrie was always a good friend of us and treated us like family. She was fun, friendly and carefull and a stimulating person to lift up Jerry Lee's life and music.
As we all know JLL is a difficult person to live with and acting like a little child sometimes (no, most of the time). No wife can ever hold up with such an additude and will search for a better live after living with him. Having met all the three Lewisses i can say that they all are alike, nice and friendly in your face but never to be trusted. It's no secret that Phoebe was (and still is to me) always our best friend and the main reason we stayed in contact and went to the shows. Of course she was bitchy when things didn't go the way it should be but living with JLL will turn anyone into a bitch because he can make your life into a misery. I don't think any of the bandmembers will say anything bad about her, they all got along great. To answer your question about Kerrie i must admit you're right, non of them liked Kerrie but Phoebe had to deal with her because she was married to her dad so the had to get along together. On our vacations it all went very smoothly and in Newport even Linda and Kerrie seemed to be friends but with all those fans surrounding them.....
We always were clear about our friendship with them, if they chose for us they had to except we were also friends with the others and it all went along very well, you have the proof with the picture of Els, Linda and Kerrie :P
Piet

Postby PeterC » Sat Feb 13, 2016 1:20 pm

For those on Facebook, here's the thread that Judith commented on (and check out her comment about Murray Silver!):

https://www.facebook.com/Whatwetalkabout/photos/a.1495707187309252.1073741827.1469438223269482/1530278173852153/?type=3&comment_id=1531986027014701&notif_t=like
PeterC

Postby Logan » Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:43 pm

Just making more money off The Killer. Terrible on Myra's part. Yes, I'm sure Killer put her through inexcusable hell but do you really have to make more money off of him? I'm sure he isn't always easy to live with even today when he gets in one of those moods of his. it'll be interesting to see if this creates more bad press for him and if he'll have any sort of response. The man is 80 years old leave him alone.
Logan

Next

Return to Discussions