Elektra outtakes?

Re: Elektra outtakes?

Postby jayhawks » Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:12 am

Sun281 wrote:I just want to confirm what Thomas said about Rolf's Electra tapes.

Rolf has already had all the tapes professionally mixed and copied.

Like Thomas I have a number of these original tapes. Some have lots of tunes on them.

Some of the tapes are on standard quarter inch tape and others are on 1 inch professional reels.

Graham

...Hope dies last :wink:
I'm a rollin' stone all alone and lost
For a life of sin I have paid the cost
When I pass by all the people say
Just another guy on the lost highway
jayhawks

Postby PeterC » Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:44 am

None of this answers the question on why the heck Rolf isn't making efforts to get this stuff released officially! :roll:
PeterC

Postby PirateHook » Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:58 pm

Bim-Bam: Looks like they got different versions of the tracks Arkansas and When I Get My Wings (Or they have made a mistake, i don't got the bootlegs) http://www.rhis.co.uk/cgi-bin/cart.pl?d ... ant=bimbam
PirateHook

Postby PeterC » Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:10 pm

PirateHook wrote:Bim-Bam: Looks like they got different versions of the tracks Arkansas and When I Get My Wings (Or they have made a mistake, i don't got the bootlegs) http://www.rhis.co.uk/cgi-bin/cart.pl?d ... ant=bimbam

I doubt it, but why can't Rolf Bresser see that selling these officially will not only give fans a better product, but will also make sure Jerry gets PAID? :roll:
PeterC

Postby wolfgangguhl » Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:58 am

If it was for Jerry, very few of the recordings which have been released by now, would have been released. So it is sometimes necessary to work against his will (e.g. the latest Sun box-set) in order to get unreleased material released.
wolfgangguhl

Postby jarireinikka » Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:06 pm

^^all those marked "J-L-L" as record company on Bim Bam´s pages are just very poorly made cd-r copies with lowquality artpic.nothing more,just rubbish!!! Avoid at all cost!!!
jarireinikka

Postby PeterC » Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:09 pm

jarireinikka wrote:^^all those marked "J-L-L" as record company on Bim Bam´s pages are just very poorly made cd-r copies with lowquality artpic.nothing more,just rubbish!!! Avoid at all cost!!!

And some of the DVDs are amateur footage! This company really needs to be stopped.
PeterC

Postby jarireinikka » Fri Oct 30, 2015 7:35 pm

same goes for this guy:

http://www.ebay.es/itm/CD-JERRY-LEE-LEW ... Sw5VFWL2oL

haven´t seen "live" any of these,but really can´t expect any more quality on these.I´m surprised nobody had stoopped this guy already.

At least Bim Bam doesn´t dare to sell those "J-L-L"- products in Ebay,but only those "properly" pressed...
jarireinikka

Postby tchr » Tue Dec 22, 2015 5:48 pm

Sun281 wrote:I just want to confirm what Thomas said about Rolf's Electra tapes.

Like Thomas I have a number of these original tapes. Some have lots of tunes on them.

Some of the tapes are on standard quarter inch tape and others are on 1 inch professional reels.

Graham

So what will happen with these tapes?
tchr

Postby PeterC » Tue Dec 22, 2015 7:52 pm

I don't care what happens to the tapes, it's the recordings on them that I'm interested in. No-one has answered why Rolf hasn't tried to have them released officially, perhaps by discussing things with Bear Family.
PeterC

Postby tchr » Wed Dec 23, 2015 12:36 pm

PeterC wrote:I don't care what happens to the tapes, it's the recordings on them that I'm interested in. No-one has answered why Rolf hasn't tried to have them released officially, perhaps by discussing things with Bear Family.

Fully agree, but they are obviously already circulating amongst some slected fans/friends.
tchr

Postby PeterC » Wed Dec 23, 2015 12:42 pm

Tore Christensen wrote:but they are obviously already circulating amongst some selected fans/friends.

This is why it's important that they're released as soon as possible. Once they're easily available as bootlegs (Caribou sessions, MOM outtakes), few legitimate record companies will be interested in them.
PeterC

Postby tchr » Wed Dec 23, 2015 3:53 pm

PeterC wrote:
Tore Christensen wrote:but they are obviously already circulating amongst some selected fans/friends.

This is why it's important that they're released as soon as possible. Once they're easily available as bootlegs (Caribou sessions, MOM outtakes), few legitimate record companies will be interested in them.

Exactly my point as well.
tchr

Postby tchr » Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:03 am

Graham

All the tapes professionally mixed and copied? To what use I wonder....?
tchr

Postby PeterC » Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:08 am

Tore Christensen wrote:

Graham

All the tapes professionally mixed and copied? To what use I wonder....?

For Rolf's (and a couple of select friends) personal enjoyment. :?
PeterC

PreviousNext

Return to Discussions