Jerry Lee studio publicity photographs

Postby rockin532000 » Fri Sep 07, 2007 7:26 am

I would be interested too with respect to an audio recording of that Zurich show..... :lol:

With respect to the other Swiss concert where Jerry only made to the backstage (and even for that he needed some support), I cannot help as I was outside and "had" to watch some of the most disturbing pictures I have ever seen from our man.

At least, after he checked into a hospital in Zurich and came back at 2am to the hotel, he quickly waived at us as we were sitting in the lounge of the hotel together with the whole band.

Best Wishes
Joerg
rockin532000

Postby peterchecksfield » Fri Sep 07, 2007 7:47 am

Perk wrote:
Zurich remains the only show from that tour where I've failed to find an audio recording (anyone?).

When you mention it Peter, i wonder if anyone has a recording of that show in Zurich where Jerry was too sick to play, and Chuck Berry jumped in and played piano instead of Jerry. Ought to be interesting to hear what songs Chuck did! I talked with Wolfie about it this summer, but he had no clue either.

Or at least a review from someone who saw it would be interesting! It happened early 90´s without checking exactly.

Perk

This was actually in Wettingen in Switzerland (not Zurich), on July 5th 1992. Would certainly be interesting to hear Chuck backed by Kenny (Lovelace), James (Burton), Tommy (McClure) & Jimmy (Isbell)!
peterchecksfield

Postby Perk » Fri Sep 07, 2007 7:58 am

This was actually in Wettingen in Switzerland (not Zurich), on July 5th 1992. Would certainly be interesting to hear Chuck backed by Kenny (Lovelace), James (Burton), Tommy (McClure) & Jimmy (Isbell)!

AHA! Yeah i agree, an audio of this would be fun! Though very sorry that Jerry felt so bad!!!

Perk
Perk

Postby Tommy » Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:07 am

In what way was he sick then? Could he actually continue touring at that time?
Tommy

Postby rockin532000 » Fri Sep 07, 2007 11:46 am

No, he went directly home to the US based on doctor's order that night. Officially, it was "food poisoning". While I am no doctor, from what I saw outside the concert venue, it did not look like that.
I am not sure if I am allowed to go into details on this forum and furthermore Jerry has recovered from whatever the issue was that night, so it is of little interest these days anyhow.
Best Wishes
Joerg
rockin532000

Postby peterchecksfield » Fri Sep 07, 2007 12:22 pm

rockin532000 wrote:No, he went directly home to the US based on doctor's order that night. Officially, it was "food poisoning". While I am no doctor, from what I saw outside the concert venue, it did not look like that.
I am not sure if I am allowed to go into details on this forum and furthermore Jerry has recovered from whatever the issue was that night, so it is of little interest these days anyhow.
Best Wishes
Joerg

Jerry must've broken the world record for having "food poisoning" & "the flu" the most times.... :wink:
peterchecksfield

Postby W_Skinner » Fri Sep 07, 2007 3:28 pm

peterchecksfield wrote:Jerry must've broken the world record for having "food poisoning" & "the flu" the most times.... :wink:

Well he's followed by Elvis by a narrow margin, I think...
Dr. Nick sucks :twisted:
So Long, W.Skinner
have a look at my own R'n'R band: www.dekrauts.rocken.de
W_Skinner

Postby peterchecksfield » Fri Sep 07, 2007 3:38 pm

W_Skinner wrote:
peterchecksfield wrote:Jerry must've broken the world record for having "food poisoning" & "the flu" the most times.... :wink:

Well, according to Kerrie Jerry wouldn't be alive today if it wasn't for Dr Nick, & he's saved Jerry's life on a number of occasions. Certainly when Jerry was under his care in the late 90s / early 00's he seemed in better shape than in the 80s / early 90s.

Elvis is to blame for Elvis's addictions, & Jerry is to blame for his own addictions. No-one else.
peterchecksfield

Postby Perk » Fri Sep 07, 2007 4:09 pm

Elvis is to blame for Elvis's addictions, & Jerry is to blame for his own addictions. No-one else.

Talking of addictions, i actually tried Elvis favourite recipe recently. White bread, peanut butter, banana, bacon. honey. I followed a recipe online.

The taste? Well it was nothing that i would do again!

Perk ; )
Perk

Postby unchained » Fri Sep 07, 2007 4:10 pm

Anybody got some good pictures?, cause I just finshed my last two
cd cover projects.:lol:

Maybe you guys can use them too.

http://www.tcb-world.com/unchained/covers_sl/various.html
unchained

Postby peterchecksfield » Fri Sep 07, 2007 4:13 pm

unchained wrote:Anybody got some good pictures?, cause I just finshed my last two
cd cover projects.:lol:

Maybe you guys can use them too.

http://www.tcb-world.com/unchained/covers_sl/various.html

They look excellent, but can you (or someone) advise how to print them out at the correct dimensions?
peterchecksfield

Postby W_Skinner » Fri Sep 07, 2007 4:16 pm

peterchecksfield wrote:Elvis is to blame for Elvis's addictions, & Jerry is to blame for his own addictions. No-one else.

You're right with that one.

But:
I noticed, various sources differ very much on information regarding Dr. Nick. It seems that he's "notorious" to say the least. He was denied his approval, there were investigations regarding "medical over-prescription" and so on.
I say it's difficult till unimpossible to find out what really happened.
Maybe some kind of "chicken-egg" problem.

Furthermore I've read various interviews of Nick regarding his "programs"... He even stated Elvis died a natural death... :shock:

Well, I think, you have to form your own opion on this...
So Long, W.Skinner
have a look at my own R'n'R band: www.dekrauts.rocken.de
W_Skinner

Postby unchained » Fri Sep 07, 2007 4:17 pm

Sure can Peter. (it be great to have the upperhand on you for once :? )

Just open the JPG files one at a time in Paint
(standard software for windows) and press print. That's it.

You do need the Winrar software to open RAR files,
but most people got this I think?
unchained

Postby martin bates » Fri Sep 07, 2007 4:19 pm

W_Skinner wrote:

I think Peter is making a reference to the various 'reasons' why Jerry has missed shows. In that respect ,I'm not aware of any engagements ever missed by Elvis........but I'm no expert. I don't see that Dr Nick has anything to do with it.
Given the large number of dates Jerry was regularly doing for many years,though,the number of 'no-shows' were relatively small,although sometimes well publicised. Certainly it's not uncommon for artists to cancel.I remember at the time of his aborted 1990 UK. Tour, Cliff Richard,Phil Collins & The Rolling Stones were among others who cancelled shows for one reason or another around the same time.

Martin
martin bates

Postby peterchecksfield » Fri Sep 07, 2007 4:23 pm

W_Skinner wrote:
peterchecksfield wrote:Elvis is to blame for Elvis's addictions, & Jerry is to blame for his own addictions. No-one else.

You're right with that one.

But:
I noticed, various sources differ very much on information regarding Dr. Nick. It seems that he's "notorious" to say the least. He was denied his approval, there were investigations regarding "medical over-prescription" and so on.
I say it's difficult till unimpossible to find out what really happened.
Maybe some kind of "chicken-egg" problem.

Furthermore I've read various interviews of Nick regarding his "programs"... He even stated Elvis died a natural death... :shock:

Well, I think, you have to form your own opion on this...

Kerrie (as I said) thinks Dr Nick is a hero, but Linda Gail blaims Dr Nick & Jerry's 4th wife Jaren for Jerry's addictions (I've yet to ask Phoebe's opinion lol). Myself, I believe Dr Nick did his best to control Jerry's intake of 'medication', but the trouble with people like Jerry & Elvis is that if their Dr doesn't give them what they want then they'll get it elsewhere. I know of at least one occasion in the late 90s where someone got Jerry extra drugs - I mean 'medication'(!) behind Dr Nick's back. So whatever the truth I don't think we can solely blame the good doctor...
peterchecksfield

PreviousNext

Return to Discussions