Fireball Mail

Re: Fireball Mail

Postby Jeroen » Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:52 am

I meant to say that if Piet wants to know more about this letter, he could contact Wim or Freddy.
Jeroen

Postby Piet » Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:28 pm

Jeroen wrote:I meant to say that if Piet wants to know more about this letter, he could contact Wim or Freddy.

I saw the letter and took my conclusion.
Jerry would never say anything such as "an ex wife" when he means Myra, especially not after all those years Myra visited him at the ranch.
Those words come from Judith and are not Jerry's and yes I know more about it but don't need to bother Wim or Freddy.
Any more suggestions why he didn't go to FrankieJean's funeral beside the already mentioned emotional matter, wich was not the case :?:
My life will never be the same.
Piet

Postby wolfgangguhl » Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:58 pm

Piet wrote:Any more suggestions why he didn't go to FrankieJean's funeral beside the already mentioned emotional matter, wich was not the case :?:

How do you know it was not the case?
wolfgangguhl

Postby Piet » Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:16 am

Do you think i don't have no more friends over there :?:
As you all have read in my stories we care more about the people surrounding JLL then most of the fans and they will only believe the news on Facebook etc. and Judith's vision :shock:
Piet

Postby wolfgangguhl » Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:19 am

He has not been to a funeral since 1998. I do believe it is true it affects him too much emotionally, so he decided to not go to funerals anymore. I cannot remember where I got that from, whether it was from Judith or someone else.

What's your reliable source then? Phoebe? Myra? I am sorry, but I don't consider them any more reliable than Judith. Phoebe seems to hold grudges against her (& against Kerrie) and regardless what I think of Judith to claim that Jerry is in poor health since being with her as Phoebe and Myra do is absolute rubbish. He looks well and alert. In the Phoebe era he looked like a zombie most of the time. This is not against Phoebe. I am sure she tried her best and loves her sometimes not easy to deal with daddy. But I think being with a lover instead of being with a daughter fires Jerry up.
wolfgangguhl

Postby wolfgangguhl » Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:21 am

Linda Gail did not attend the funeral either. I wonder why is that? It is obvious she loves her sister to bits and has otherwise shown great respect for her.
wolfgangguhl

Postby Piet » Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:01 am

You never heard me say Judith is not good for Jerry and his health. I only know that she's not the favorite person for lot's of people.
Do you really think Jerry would bother who's writing a book.
Do you think he is talking about Myra as "an ex-wife?"
Do you think Jerry wouldn't go to the funeral of his own sister despite all the emotional matters?
Do you really think he's happy selling lot's of his stuff in a back-yard?
Do you think he's happy with selling the old Harley Davidson after the restauration?
Do you think he's happy with the fact he's not longer on speaking terms with a lot of older friends.
Do you believe me as I say that Judith is in control over everything...even his own life?
Do you believe me as I tell you that the main reason is the money.
Piet

Postby PeterC » Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:10 am

wolfgangguhl wrote:Linda Gail did not attend the funeral either. I wonder why is that? It is obvious she loves her sister to bits and has otherwise shown great respect for her.

Poor Frankie. Let down by her siblings even after her death.
PeterC

Postby Piet » Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:13 am

PeterC wrote:
wolfgangguhl wrote:Linda Gail did not attend the funeral either. I wonder why is that? It is obvious she loves her sister to bits and has otherwise shown great respect for her.

Poor Frankie. Let down by her siblings even after her death.

This doesn't surprise me either.
Piet

Postby wolfgangguhl » Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:23 am

Piet wrote:You never heard me say Judith is not good for Jerry and his health. I only know that she's not the favorite person for lot's of people.

Ok then. I know what you mean.

Piet wrote:Do you really think Jerry would bother who's writing a book.

Yes, I think he does and as I mentioned he tends to dislike them all except the last one he was involved in.

Piet wrote:Do you think he is talking about Myra as "an ex-wife?"

No, as I mentioned I do not believe he wrote that letter either.

Piet wrote:Do you think Jerry wouldn't go to the funeral of his own sister despite all the emotional matters?

I think it is more comforting for him not to go. I do think he loves his sisters, but places his own health first.

Piet wrote:Do you really think he's happy selling lot's of his stuff in a back-yard?

Well, why not get rid of this rubbish? He does need it for his final years, so he can just as well sell it.

Piet wrote:Do you think he's happy with selling the old Harley Davidson after the restauration?

Hmm, good question. I am not too sure about that one...

Piet wrote:Do you think he's happy with the fact he's not longer on speaking terms with a lot of older friends.

I don't think he cares much about it.

Piet wrote:Do you believe me as I say that Judith is in control over everything...even his own life?

Probably so. As all the women before. He is too weak to live on his own. But that's HIS choice.

Piet wrote:Do you believe me as I tell you that the main reason is the money.

She won't say no to the money and fame, but if she was greedy she would have him perform much more as this brings in the most money.
wolfgangguhl

Postby Rocky » Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:51 pm

It is interesting to note than when Jerry's father died in July, 1979, and Jimmy Swaggart was on tour and couldn't make the funeral, he sent his wife. In front of a large crowd Jerry roared to Swaggart's wife, "You can just tell Jimmy Swaggart he can kiss my ass! This is my father's funeral and Jimmy couldn't make it!" Yet Jerry did not attend his long-time best friends Cecil Harrelson's funeral or his own sisters funeral? That apparently, is OK.
Rocky

Postby wolfgangguhl » Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:29 pm

Rocky wrote:That apparently, is OK.

Yes, it's Jerry Lee Lewis!
wolfgangguhl

Postby PeterC » Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:33 pm

wolfgangguhl wrote:
Rocky wrote:That apparently, is OK.

Yes, it's Jerry Lee Lewis!

What was Linda Gail's excuse?
PeterC

Postby Logan » Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:26 pm

I think Judith has been good for Jerry's health and personal life, and that's all that really matters at the end of the day, but from a career perspective I don't care for her. I got bad impression of her when she would come out on stage and wave in the background, luckily she hasn't done that in quite some time. He performs so little now, and I hate that it's likely going to be that way until the end. He should perform while he's still able to do a show without embarrassing himself. Long time associates have been phased out. His yard sale was pretty ridiculous, and was selling off a lot of junk at absolutely laughable prices. In some ways it's embarrassing for a legend like him to do such a thing, and Judith was no doubt the driving force there. However, I also understand that all these things are Jerry's choices, because at the end of the day Jerry Lee Lewis does want he wants to do. For whatever reason for the last 25-30 years he has allowed himself to be ran by women and seems to have little interest in thinking for himself. But the only thing for sure about Jerry Lee Lewis is nothing is for sure so I wouldn't be shocked if he decided he wanted a divorce tomorrow.

But she does seem to take take great care of him, so she's not all bad, but from a fan's perspective who wants The Killer's career to continue, I prefer Phoebe in charge.
Logan

Postby Richard Harvey » Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:10 am

Piet wrote:I can assure you Jerry Lee Lewis never wrote a letter about anything Wim printed over all those years so this must be from the bitch Judith. (Can I say that, yes I can) and even Jerry didn't sign the letter, she did.
I understand there will be people who disagree and I will respect their opinion but I can guarantee that this is not Jerry's letter, it's hers.

I read it and even though I don't know any of the Lewis lot, I could tell straight away it wasn't from JLL Piet. I thought it was very disrespectful towards Wim to say 'I hope I don't see this again in the magazine again'. It's a bit late in the day to decide the they want to make editorial decisions on the fanzine, isn't it? I think Wim did the right thing in printing it in full without comment.

I've got the Myra book on my Kindle, and I read what she said about Judith. You don't have to be a genius to see what's going on here, but it's all quite undignified.

Anyway, what's all this calling Jerry Lee 'Killer' these days. He was always 'The Killer'. Looks like we've got a new, cuddly Facebook Octogenarian version of Jerry Lee called 'Killer', who now lives in 'Killer Korner'.

Still, it's all good clean fun.
--
Richard Harvey

PreviousNext

Return to Discussions