Fireball Mail

Re: Fireball Mail

Postby PeterC » Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:43 pm

Got mine today too, superb issue (one of the best).

Has anyone identified the fans with Jerry circa 1964 on page 5? I wouldn't mind tracing the blonde bird! :wink:
PeterC

Postby Rocky » Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:20 pm

Peter, she looks a lot like Breathless Dan Coffey's wife at the time...Faye Coffey.
Rocky

Postby PeterC » Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:26 pm

Rocky wrote:Peter, she looks a lot like Breathless Dan Coffey's wife at the time...Faye Coffey.

That's what I thought. Maybe someone can ask her (she's on FB).
PeterC

Postby Piet » Sat Apr 25, 2015 1:04 pm

At last the latest edition of the FBM has arrived in the mailbox looking good as always.
On page 5 and 6 there's an article from the Austinmusicjournal about Annie Marie LEWIS!!!
Why the hell is she using the name Lewis as she always used her real name Dolan from her real father Brent Dolan.
If you read further she telling that Mickey Gilley is her cousin, i think she's loosing reality and the article goes on by naming her "Lewis". Even Phoebe doesn't tell everyone she's the daughter of JLL and she can be proud of her name.
Of course Linda can use the name Lewis, she' born with it. :evil:
My life will never be the same.
Piet

Postby PeterC » Sat Apr 25, 2015 1:14 pm

When Mary Jean started calling herself "Lewis", Linda said that "It makes her sound desperate!". I wonder if she's saying the same about Annie? :twisted:
PeterC

Postby PeterC » Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:03 am

Got my copy yesterday, enjoyable as always.
PeterC

Postby martin bates » Wed May 20, 2015 5:42 pm

Piet wrote:At last the latest edition of the FBM has arrived in the mailbox looking good as always.
On page 5 and 6 there's an article from the Austinmusicjournal about Annie Marie LEWIS!!!
Why the hell is she using the name Lewis as she always used her real name Dolan from her real father Brent Dolan.
If you read further she telling that Mickey Gilley is her cousin, i think she's loosing reality and the article goes on by naming her "Lewis". Even Phoebe doesn't tell everyone she's the daughter of JLL and she can be proud of her name.
Of course Linda can use the name Lewis, she' born with it. :evil:

Hi Piet !
don't get too upset; I think it makes sense in 'showbiz' ...if her mom is Lewis she can get away with it; it's been Lewis for a while now- certainly her Christmas CD was by Annie Marie Lewis. Also I find in my own family it's easier to say so and so is 'my cousin' rather than my mothers' cousin , or 2nd cousin & all that stuff ( I did it this afternoon when my daughter said "who's Amanda ?" -she had sent her a gift - & I said "my cousin" - when actually she's my cousin's daughter - true !!) so there's no harm in telling a little fib ..... after all it's not as if they're going to get married.
By the way - we did go to Memphis and New Orleans and you were right - New Orleans is great ! Memphis too ! And while we were away we became grandparents !!!! (4 weeks early !)
To the main subject, FBM is great & Wim and Freddie have done a super job as always. Some great color photos.
cheers Piet,
Martin.
martin bates

Free tickets for Rockin' Raffi

Postby Jeroen » Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:18 pm

As the next issue won't be out till late July (or maybe even a bit later), on behalf of the fan club I would like to let you know that we have free tickets for Rockin' Raffi's show in Eindhoven, Holland on Friday, July 24th. Go to the fan club's facebook page and like and share the post below and maybe you're the lucky winner!

FREE TICKETS!

ROCKIN' RAFFI in EINDHOVEN (NETH)

13-year-old “Rockin” Raffi Arto, the singing and piano-playing phenom from Paris, France, is a rollicking rhythm machine. He’s got a cannon in his left hand and a rifle in his right. The piano itself comes to life in his hands. Boogie-woogie, blues, soul, R&B, pop, classical, and of course piano-pounding Rock ’n’ Roll. While his hands beat a rhythm, he belts out the lyrics with passion and ferocity like there’s no tomorrow.

The fan club has free tickets for Raffi's show in Eindhoven, Holland on Friday, July 24th. Like and share this post and maybe you're the lucky winner!

http://www.altstadt.nl/520
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bU0nk5Mkoss
Jeroen

Postby PeterC » Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:23 pm

I got the latest issue today, lots of good pics + reviews of the UK shows.
PeterC

Postby scottdoran1 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:53 am

I don't subscribe to fireball mail but I would be interested in getting a copy seeing as my son is featured on the back page.
scottdoran1

Postby Piet » Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:36 pm

The latest Fireball Mail dropped into my house today and it's good to notice Wim has a new address:
Wim de Boer
Hoogpoort 70
6001 GB Weert
He also has a new emailaddress:
wdeboer.fbm@hotmail.com
As always a nice magazine but I want your opinion about one article.
Inside on page 7 there's a letter from Jerry (and Judith) to Wim. It starts with the best wishes to Wim and compliments about the 50 years of running the fanclub. Soon it is about the article in the latest FBM about the book written by "an ex wife" (not even her name) and more. At least it shows they read the FIreball Mails.
I want you guys to read that article and let me know what you think about it.
I can assure you Jerry Lee Lewis never wrote a letter about anything Wim printed over all those years so this must be from the bitch Judith. (Can I say that, yes I can) and even Jerry didn't sign the letter, she did.
I understand there will be people who disagree and I will respect their opinion but I can guarantee that this is not Jerry's letter, it's hers.
Enjoy the latest magazine and some of my pictures :P
My life will never be the same.
Piet

Postby Jeroen » Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:46 pm

It might not be signed by Jerry Lee personally but he did complain about it a few times, so it's not just Judith's opinion.
Piet, Wim and Freddy can tell you more about it.

Jerry lee once said that the Fire Ball Mail is the only magazine he likes to read!
Jeroen

Postby Jeroen » Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:51 pm

I don't know Judith personally, but since she's married to Jerry Lee we get more insight in his private life then before (she mailed that we can print her Facebook pictures in the FBM freely) and Jerry Lee looks very happy to me.
Jeroen

Postby PeterC » Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:51 pm

Jeroen wrote:I don't know Judith personally, but since she's married to Jerry Lee we get more insight in his private life then before (she mailed that we can print her Facebook pictures in the FBM freely) and Jerry Lee looks very happy to me.

Kerrie used to send photos, articles, etc to Fire-Ball Mail too. So this is hardly anything new.
PeterC

Postby wolfgangguhl » Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:48 am

Jeroen wrote:It might not be signed by Jerry Lee personally but he did complain about it a few times, so it's not just Judith's opinion.
Piet, Wim and Freddy can tell you more about it.

Jerry lee once said that the Fire Ball Mail is the only magazine he likes to read!

Piet can tell us more about it? Well, he already did and he wrote the opposite of what you did.

I suspect Jerry did not write the letter, but also did not like Myra's book as it seems he does not like any of the books written about him except those he had a say in.

I agree with you that he looks happy with Judith.
wolfgangguhl

PreviousNext

Return to Discussions