Fireball Mail

Re: Fireball Mail

Postby PirateHook » Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:16 pm

Anyone of you who has or know someone who wants to sell old Fireball Mail numbers? I have only found 5 old from 1971 in my country Sweden.
PirateHook

Postby wolfgangguhl » Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:40 pm

As some of you may have noticed I have been removed as the German representative, just as Marla has been removed as the US representative. I don't have a problem with that, just would have appreciated it if anybody of the magazine would have gotten in touch with me to let me know about this decision. On the other side they also never told Christian when they decided to replace him with me. I thought that was very disrespectul and unprofessional towards Christian as well. I rarely contributed the last couple of years simply because Jerry was not that active and there was little to contribute. Also in times of the internet there is the question in whether there is any point in having a printed magazine like that at all. Sadly Wim is no longer able to run the business the way he used to and now other people are in charge.

From now on detailed reviews of shows I visit will be exclusively posted on Ian's forum. Watch out!
wolfgangguhl

Postby martin bates » Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:32 pm

Will look out for your reviews Wolfgang. This site is always my first port of call after shows -sadly Facebook has overtaken in recent times as the place for the up to date information. I've always enjoyed all forums that discuss Jerry & I enjoy his wider family as well, that I know not everybody is so keen on. ( as well as many other artists of course!). The number of people contributing here has certainly dwindled but your contributions are always well worthwhile-apart from.the occasional spat ! Sorry also you've 'lost'your position at FBM if it was something you enjoyed. I don't know the goings on there so I can't comment.
Martin.
martin bates

Postby thrund » Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:15 pm

It was a strange procedure at the time you took it over from Christian....both of you did a good job over the years...without any fanfare, just proper info and facts. Thank you for that.
Also I have to agree with Martin about this forum here. My favourite place for getting info & details too.
Facebook is confusing me sometimes, full of experts...they know everything about everything. :lol:
Good Ian keept the forum alive.

Thomas
The best way to avoid disappointment is to not expect anything from anyone.
thrund

Postby bailbath » Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:50 am

thrund wrote:It was a strange procedure at the time you took it over from Christian....both of you did a good job over the years...without any fanfare, just proper info and facts. Thank you for that.
Also I have to agree with Martin about this forum here. My favourite place for getting info & details too.
Facebook is confusing me sometimes, full of experts...they know everything about everything. :lol:
Good Ian keept the forum alive.

Thomas

It's you guys that keep the forum alive and a special mention yo David Hamer who hosts it.
Ian
bailbath

Site Admin

Postby PirateHook » Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:19 pm

If they really wanted more subscribers to the magazine then more photos from the 1950/1960s would get them more because many love to see him from those years. and if they wanted rare photos i can contribute.
PirateHook

Previous

Return to Discussions