Wikipedia page



Postby thrund » Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:51 am

peterchecksfield wrote:
jllWAfan1982 wrote:Can you tell more of Charlotte Bumpus?


(1) She's Kenny Lovelace's stepdaughter.

(2) Jerry started dating her in 1972 when she was 15.

(3) He used to brag that she could "suck the chrome off a car fender".


:wink:

Everyone seems to like Charlotte though, even Kay Martin (who seems to hate all of Jerry's other ex's with the exception of Myra) & Kerrie (who made Charlotte welcome at Jerry's birthday concerts).



Charlotte and Jerry 20. May 1972

Image
thrund

User avatar
 
Posts: 2352
Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:56 am
Location: Germany

Postby peterchecksfield » Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:54 am

She certainly looked older than 15 (probably why no-one questioned her age!). :shock:
peterchecksfield

 

Postby Tim in St. Louis » Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:14 pm

jllWAfan1982 wrote:Can you tell more of Charlotte Bumpus?


I was wondering the same thing (since she is kind of a cutie), so I thought I would Google her. As best I can tell Charoltte Bumpus is aka Charlotte Laws, and she defintiely loves rubbing shoulders with celebritites. (The Tom Jones photos make me wonder if her daughter is their love child.) Here's the link.

http://www.charlottelaws.org/Photos.htm

And the like link to the blog she writes...

http://charlottelaws.typepad.com/


Looks like the life of the Pumpkin has been full, indeed. Enjoy!
Tim in St. Louis

 
Posts: 463
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2008 2:05 am

Postby Andrew McRae » Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:20 pm

Tim in St. Louis wrote:
jllWAfan1982 wrote:Can you tell more of Charlotte Bumpus?


I was wondering the same thing (since she is kind of a cutie), so I thought I would Google her. As best I can tell Charoltte Bumpus is aka Charlotte Laws, and she defintiely loves rubbing shoulders with celebritites. (The Tom Jones photos make me wonder if her daughter is their love child.) Here's the link.

http://www.charlottelaws.org/Photos.htm

And the like link to the blog she writes...

http://charlottelaws.typepad.com/


Looks like the life of the Pumpkin has been full, indeed. Enjoy!


Okay, I can see the photo of this Charlotte Laws with JLL... but I don't believe for a minute that this is Charlotte Bumpus... what other evidence do you have?

Andrew :?
Last edited by Andrew McRae on Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew McRae

User avatar
 
Posts: 921
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2007 1:26 pm

Postby peterchecksfield » Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:21 pm

Interesting stuff, thanks Tim! :shock:
peterchecksfield

 

Postby Andrew McRae » Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:38 pm

Andrew McRae wrote:
Tim in St. Louis wrote:
jllWAfan1982 wrote:Can you tell more of Charlotte Bumpus?


I was wondering the same thing (since she is kind of a cutie), so I thought I would Google her. As best I can tell Charoltte Bumpus is aka Charlotte Laws, and she defintiely loves rubbing shoulders with celebritites. (The Tom Jones photos make me wonder if her daughter is their love child.) Here's the link.

http://www.charlottelaws.org/Photos.htm

And the like link to the blog she writes...

http://charlottelaws.typepad.com/


Looks like the life of the Pumpkin has been full, indeed. Enjoy!


Okay, I can see the photo of this Charlotte Laws with JLL... but I don't believe for a minute that this is Charlotte Bumpus... what other evidence do you have?

Andrew :?


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlotte_Laws

...so, having now read the above, I see that this Charlotte Laws was born in May 1960...if she was Charlotte Bumpus then she would still have been shy of her 12th birthday when JLL arrived in the UK for his 1972 tour... imagine what the press would have made of that! :lol:
Andrew McRae

User avatar
 
Posts: 921
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2007 1:26 pm

Postby peterchecksfield » Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:00 pm

It certainly looks like her to me... I've sent the link to Kay, Graham & Pierre (who all knew her) to see what they think.

Of course it's quite possible she's lying about her age &/or Wikipedia have got things wrong. Certainly Graham assures me that she was 15 during the spring '72 European Tour & that everyone around Jerry was very nervous about the press finding out.
peterchecksfield

 

Postby Andrew McRae » Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:32 pm

peterchecksfield wrote:It certainly looks like her to me... I've sent the link to Kay, Graham & Pierre (who all knew her) to see what they think.

Of course it's quite possible she's lying about her age &/or Wikipedia have got things wrong. Certainly Graham assures me that she was 15 during the spring '72 European Tour & that everyone around Jerry was very nervous about the press finding out.


Sorry, but what am I missing?! I can't see any resemblance at all, beyond the fact that they're both female and blond and, coincidentally, named Charlotte....Does this really sound like someone who hung around with JLL on and off throughout the 1970s?

Charlotte Laws (born May 11, 1960) is an American author, local Los Angeles politician and talk show host, community activist, and animal rights advocate.After completing high school at The Lovett School in Atlanta, Georgia, Laws attended the University of Florida in Gainesville and the University of Nevada, Las Vegas. She moved to Los Angeles in 1981 and completed bachelor’s degrees in Theatre (1985) and Philosophy (1996) at California State University, Northridge (CSUN). She earned two master’s degrees from the University of Southern California (USC) in Professional Writing (1986) and in Social Ethics (1997), as well as a Ph.D. in Social Ethics (2000). In 2003, she completed post-doctoral coursework at Oxford University, England.

And if it was her, given the fact that Ms Laws appears, from her own website, to be a compulsive self-publicist, wouldn't the 'fact' of her relationship with JLL be rather more widely known? The only 'evidence' appears to be a single photo of Ms Laws with JLL taken some time in the late 1980s, long after Charlotte Bumpus was 'off the scene'.

Moreover, most of the scores of photos of Ms Laws hamming it up alongside a myriad of celebrities appear to suggest that she's about 4ft 10" tall! (and no doubt she's wearing high heels in most of these shots!) That definitely couldn't be the Charlotte Bumpus who had a walk on part accompanying JLL in the film "American Hot Wax".

Andrew :lol:
.
Andrew McRae

User avatar
 
Posts: 921
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2007 1:26 pm

Postby peterchecksfield » Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:37 pm

Actually on further investigation of the photos I have to agree with you Andrew - though I still think the main photo on her blog looks a little like Charlotte... :?
peterchecksfield

 

Postby peterchecksfield » Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:40 pm

Image
peterchecksfield

 

Postby Tony Papard » Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:41 pm

Andrew McRae wrote:
peterchecksfield wrote:It certainly looks like her to me... I've sent the link to Kay, Graham & Pierre (who all knew her) to see what they think.

Of course it's quite possible she's lying about her age &/or Wikipedia have got things wrong. Certainly Graham assures me that she was 15 during the spring '72 European Tour & that everyone around Jerry was very nervous about the press finding out.


Sorry, but what am I missing?! I can't see any resemblance at all, beyond the fact that they're both female and blond and, coincidentally, named Charlotte....Does this really sound like someone who hung around with JLL on and off throughout the 1970s?

Charlotte Laws (born May 11, 1960) is an American author, local Los Angeles politician and talk show host, community activist, and animal rights advocate.After completing high school at The Lovett School in Atlanta, Georgia, Laws attended the University of Florida in Gainesville and the University of Nevada, Las Vegas. She moved to Los Angeles in 1981 and completed bachelor’s degrees in Theatre (1985) and Philosophy (1996) at California State University, Northridge (CSUN). She earned two master’s degrees from the University of Southern California (USC) in Professional Writing (1986) and in Social Ethics (1997), as well as a Ph.D. in Social Ethics (2000). In 2003, she completed post-doctoral coursework at Oxford University, England.

And if it was her, given the fact that Ms Laws appears, from her own website, to be a compulsive self-publicist, wouldn't the 'fact' of her relationship with JLL be rather more widely known? The only 'evidence' appears to be a single photo of Ms Laws with JLL taken some time in the late 1980s, long after Charlotte Bumpus was 'off the scene'.

Moreover, most of the scores of photos of Ms Laws hamming it up alongside a myriad of celebrities appear to suggest that she's about 4ft 10" tall! (and no doubt she's wearing high heels in most of these shots!) That definitely couldn't be the Charlotte Bumpus who had a walk on part accompanying JLL in the film "American Hot Wax".

Andrew :lol:
.


I don't believe it's Charlotte Bumpus. If you Google the latter you'll see she went to Westwood High School, Memphis, Tn (Charlotte Bumpus 1967-1971) not Lovett School, Atlanta, Ga. (Even tho' in the photo above Ms Laws seems about to give The Killer a bj! Makes a change from collecting autographs I guess.)

Charlotte Bumpus not to be confused with Charlotte Bumpus-Green who has a Facebook page and is black.
Long ago in Ferriday down in Louisiana, They all watched Jerry play and pump that old piana

My blog: http://www.tonypapard.info/

My Jerry Lee Lewis page:
http://www.btinternet.com/~tony.papard/JERRYLEELEWIS.HTM
Tony Papard

User avatar
 
Posts: 1436
Joined: Fri May 25, 2007 4:01 pm
Location: London, England, EU

Postby Tim in St. Louis » Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:33 pm

Hey All --

I wasn't saying that Charlotte Laws was definitely Charlotte Bumpus.

It's that she had been identified as Pumpkin in the picture thread (and elsewhere). So when it linked to that site, I assumed they were one in the same - and needless to say, it was interesting reading!

Apologies to anyone who takes exception (if they aren't one in the same).
Tim in St. Louis

 
Posts: 463
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2008 2:05 am

Postby Tony Papard » Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:46 pm

Tim in St. Louis wrote:Hey All --

I wasn't saying that Charlotte Laws was definitely Charlotte Bumpus.

It's that she had been identified as Pumpkin in the picture thread (and elsewhere). So when it linked to that site, I assumed they were one in the same - and needless to say, it was interesting reading!

Apologies to anyone who takes exception (if they aren't one in the same).


Perhaps someone should ask Kenny if his stepdaughter is now known as Charlotte Laws.
Long ago in Ferriday down in Louisiana, They all watched Jerry play and pump that old piana

My blog: http://www.tonypapard.info/

My Jerry Lee Lewis page:
http://www.btinternet.com/~tony.papard/JERRYLEELEWIS.HTM
Tony Papard

User avatar
 
Posts: 1436
Joined: Fri May 25, 2007 4:01 pm
Location: London, England, EU

Postby peterchecksfield » Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:00 am

From Graham Knight:

I am still in touch with Charlotte. That is definitely not Charlotte!
peterchecksfield

 

Postby jllWAfan1982 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:16 am

Wow...some very interesting background material on Bumpus and also a woman who most definitely is not Bumpus.
If it's good enough for me,
It should be good enough for you.
--Jerry Lee Lewis
jllWAfan1982

 
Posts: 725
Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2008 10:12 pm
Location: Pluto

PreviousNext

Return to Discussions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests