Jerry Lee on TV

Postby Key_Okuna » Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:15 pm

peterchecksfield wrote:
Key_Okuna wrote:Wow! The Beatles and Jerry Lee Lewis playing together!
But I can't hear nothing... Has it got audio?

Sorry if my english isn't very good. ^^U

No, unfortunately it's not The Beatles & Jerry Lee Lewis playing together. They're from different shows.

Actually, I'm wondering if Jerry & Paul McCartney have ever met?

He met John Lennon in Los Angeles in 1973; George Harrison at Carl Perkins' funeral in 1998; & Ringo Starr played drums for Jerry in Atlanta in 1987 (& of course sang on LMS in 2005).

Ops... And are there many videos of JLL and John Lennon playing together?
Key_Okuna

Postby peterchecksfield » Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:52 pm

Key_Okuna wrote:
peterchecksfield wrote:

No, unfortunately it's not The Beatles & Jerry Lee Lewis playing together. They're from different shows.

He met John Lennon in Los Angeles in 1973; George Harrison at Carl Perkins' funeral in 1998; & Ringo Starr played drums for Jerry in Atlanta in 1987 (& of course sang on LMS in 2005).

There's none, as they never played together.
peterchecksfield

Postby Key_Okuna » Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:23 am

peterchecksfield wrote:
Key_Okuna wrote:
peterchecksfield wrote:

There's none, as they never played together.

Dough! :oops:
Key_Okuna

Postby Perk » Tue Nov 20, 2007 4:09 pm

peterchecksfield wrote:Kay Martin doesn't recognise the show, but I've asked one of the world's foremost experts on 60s music shows & he said that he's 99% sure that this is from The Llloyd Thaxton Show. This would be from January 1st 1965, with Jerry performing 'High Heel Sneakers' & 'Great Balls of Fire'. He also appeared on this show on October 30th 1964 (performing 'High Heel Sneakers' & 'Whole Lotta Shakin' Goin' On'), but his hair was still dark then so it can't be from this appearance.

Peter, that expert on TV shows you mentioned must be 100% correct. Here´s a picture of Bobby Vee on the Lloyd Thaxton Show. The musical notes on the wall are awfully similar to the ones on the clip with Jerry.

Perk

Perk

Postby peterchecksfield » Tue Nov 20, 2007 4:17 pm

Perk wrote:
peterchecksfield wrote:Kay Martin doesn't recognise the show, but I've asked one of the world's foremost experts on 60s music shows & he said that he's 99% sure that this is from The Llloyd Thaxton Show. This would be from January 1st 1965, with Jerry performing 'High Heel Sneakers' & 'Great Balls of Fire'. He also appeared on this show on October 30th 1964 (performing 'High Heel Sneakers' & 'Whole Lotta Shakin' Goin' On'), but his hair was still dark then so it can't be from this appearance.

Peter, that expert on TV shows you mentioned must be 100% correct. Here´s a picture of Bobby Vee on the Lloyd Thaxton Show. The musical notes on the wall are awfully similar to the ones on the clip with Jerry.

Perk

It was actually Paul MacPhail & not my other contact above who mentioned the musical notes, so our thanks to Paul! :D
peterchecksfield

Re:

Postby PeterC » Thu Nov 24, 2016 6:24 pm

peterchecksfield wrote:Actually, I'm wondering if Jerry & Paul McCartney have ever met?

They've met now of course:

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=3251&start=15&hilit=mccartney
PeterC

Previous

Return to Discussions