Don't f.ck with the Lewises

Re: Don't f.ck with the Lewises

Postby PeterC » Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:10 pm

I have no interest in the Lewis family in so much as I don't want to discuss them with you via Facebook messages Jeffrey...

However I am very much interested in the musical history of Jerry Lee Lewis, & that includes getting the information right regarding recordings, videos & photos... so this very much DOES matter to me, if not to yourself or Mad Frankie. That's what a forum is for, to discuss details like this. Otherwise all we'd have is books written by people with extremely dubious memories (I'm still curious how Linda Gail "remembers" Jerry getting his first piano when she wasn't even born at the time...).

Peace,

Peter "Pumpkin' Piano Rock" Checksfield. 8)
PeterC

Postby Piet » Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:38 pm

So let's change it into "Don't believe the Lewises" :lol:
My life will never be the same.
Piet

Postby PeterC » Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:58 pm

OK, Perk has done some more great research (he's reluctant to post on here due to the arguments):

July 2, 1969, Ed Debruhl replaces JW Brown
July 7, 1969, Mike Douglas Show with Ed Debruhl ..........
August 24, 1969 Mockingbird Hill Park in Anderson, Indiana

This seems pretty conclusive to me.
PeterC

Postby Piet » Sat Mar 17, 2012 3:30 pm

It's a pity they didn't have cameras with printed date at that time.
So end of the discussion??? :shock:
Piet

Postby PeterC » Sat Mar 17, 2012 3:33 pm

Piet wrote:It's a pity they didn't have cameras with printed date at that time.
So end of the discussion??? :shock:

This forum doesn't need them! :wink:
PeterC

Postby Andrew McRae » Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:32 pm

PeterC wrote:I'm still not convinced...

How do you explain the presence of Russell Smith and Ed DeBruhl, both musicians who weren't in Jerry's band in 1967? Also (like Paul), I'm not convinced that Kenny used a fiddle on stage prior to the "country comeback" of 1968 (no-one said that Jerry didn't play country music prior to 1968 Jeffrey). Lastly, the clothes Jerry is wearing & the (slight) extra weight in the face makes me believe this is from late 1969, around the time of The Toronto Peace Festival.

Unless I see more convincing proof (a ticket stub, a poster, a newspaper cutting), then I'm sticking with 1968 or (more likely) 1969.

The fact that Kenny appears to be wearing the same suit as at Toronto, and JLL is playing what appears to be the same guitar as at Toronto, in addition to wearing what appears to be the same brown shirt, lends further weight to the conclusion that it's 1969. Not incontrovertible proof, perhaps, but if it walks like a duck...
Andrew McRae

Postby Piet » Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:28 pm

Okay, this will turn into "Don't f.ck with Jeffrey Prater". :oops:
Piet

Re: Mockinbird Hill Park, Anderson, Indiana 1967

Postby musicmanmachine88 » Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:10 pm

Peter don't be messaging me on facebook and then blocking so I cannot reply. The photo's are not from August of 1969 - literally at this point I don't care. Phoebe Lewis will be contacting you because you have photo's that were signed over to Jerry Lee Lewis.com. I have no problem with wanting to point out specific things in Jerry's career - but you don't come to my page - leave your silly remarks over something SO INSIGNIFICANT - and then block me. That is the move of a sissy. 99.9% of the Jerry Lee Lewis fans I know are subjective - we can agree to disagree. But you ALWAYS have to be right. You said AGAIN on August 28, 2011 that "You had no intentions of wanting to talk about the Lewises," then your reply yesterday was "on facebook"? How did this whole thing with the photo's even come up - by comments you left on facebook. You're constantly speaking out of both sides of your mouth. Buck Hutcheson said today that those photo's and you were wrong were in 1967. He said Eddie Debruhl and those you mentioned did play in 1967 with Jerry Lee Lewis. You block people when you think you've gotten the upperhand. I could care less what you think about those photo's. I know what year, so does my father and mother. You're OPINION is insignificant to me, but don't come to my page telling me that Jerry was doing this or that - and who played with Jerry every day and every month of every year throughout his entire career. I have a signed photo by someone that played also with Jerry Lee Lewis with Jerry in the sixties - but I'll leave that to your detective work. Piet - this is not about you - I could care less - it is about how Peter comes to my page after he ticks people off in the Lewis family and then wants to drag me into his drama. Peter we can agree to disagree - it's about how you go about it. If you think you're right on everything - there is no room for thoughtful discussions. Phoebe Lewis will be getting ahold of you because of the photo's. You never DID ADDRESS the situation of stealing photo's without first checking to see whose property they are. They happen to be the property of Jerry Lee Lewis. Want to see the legal sheets to where they were signed off to Jerry Lee's estate? I'll let you deal with the legal ramifications. 1967 a great year. Buck Hutcheson said you're wrong. He should know. He was there in the sixties. You love the center of attention when in reality what I told you to do - you need to do - go get yourself a boyfriend and quit hating on Jerry Lee and those of his fans who are openly gay. I think your last conversation when you tried to out an openly "gay" man was that you got outed. Remember that Peter? You said you prefer black men. On that I agree - they are indeed sexy. But what is with all of the photo's on your site? Be honest to who you are and quit running like a little kid when YOU COME TO MY facebook page and leave a message and don't allow me to reply. I'm quoting Peter Checksfield "August 28, 2011 (maybe 1969) who knows "Ask your questions elsewhere Jeffrey. I have no interest in the Lewis family." Seems apparent to me that you are consistent at being very inconsistent. Then you say (you meant dealing with the Lewise's on facebook - yet you started this whole thing on Frankie Jean's page) over a photo? ARE YOU SERIOUSLY KIDDING ME? Frankie Jean called me this morning and she told me to give you this message - "thank you for bringing attention to her facebook page," and to seriously call her so she can discuss as well as Marion her husband things you've disrespected his wife about. Marion wants to talk to you now. There number is 318-757-4422 - be sure to ask for Marion Terrell because he's had enough of your mouth. As far as saying she is crazy she admitted to me - since when has that been news?
musicmanmachine88

Postby PeterC » Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:24 pm

What does Buck know? He left the band in late 1965, not returning until early 1970. I remember in 1992 showing him a video of Jerry (backed by Buck) on Spanish TV in 1988 - recorded just 4 years earlier - and he couldn't remember even taping it! I also recall him telling me that he played guitar on the recording session for 'One Minute Past Eternity'... in 1961. So, Buck's a great guy (we shared a hotel room together on tour), but not the most reliable when it comes to remembering dates...

Ed DeBruhl joined in the summer of 1969, & Russell Smith (re)joined in 1968.

As for the pic, I didn't steal anything from a site: I hotlinked the photo. Me & Phoebe certainly don't have a problem these days (not that it's any of your business), & we've been exchanging friendly messages as recently as a week ago, as have myself & MaryJean. I don't particular wish to be friends (in the true sense of the word) with any of these people, but that doesn't automatically make us enemies.

Rock On! 8)
PeterC

Re: Mockinbird Hill Park, Anderson, Indiana 1967

Postby bailbath » Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:35 pm

Jeffrey please don't make personal attacks on this forum as it is clear in the forum rules.
Ian

musicmanmachine88 wrote:Peter don't be messaging me on facebook and then blocking so I cannot reply. The photo's are not from August of 1969 - literally at this point I don't care. Phoebe Lewis will be contacting you because you have photo's that were signed over to Jerry Lee Lewis.com. I have no problem with wanting to point out specific things in Jerry's career - but you don't come to my page - leave your silly remarks over something SO INSIGNIFICANT - and then block me. That is the move of a sissy. 99.9% of the Jerry Lee Lewis fans I know are subjective - we can agree to disagree. But you ALWAYS have to be right. You said AGAIN on August 28, 2011 that "You had no intentions of wanting to talk about the Lewises," then your reply yesterday was "on facebook"? How did this whole thing with the photo's even come up - by comments you left on facebook. You're constantly speaking out of both sides of your mouth. Buck Hutcheson said today that those photo's and you were wrong were in 1967. He said Eddie Debruhl and those you mentioned did play in 1967 with Jerry Lee Lewis. You block people when you think you've gotten the upperhand. I could care less what you think about those photo's. I know what year, so does my father and mother. You're OPINION is insignificant to me, but don't come to my page telling me that Jerry was doing this or that - and who played with Jerry every day and every month of every year throughout his entire career. I have a signed photo by someone that played also with Jerry Lee Lewis with Jerry in the sixties - but I'll leave that to your detective work. Piet - this is not about you - I could care less - it is about how Peter comes to my page after he ticks people off in the Lewis family and then wants to drag me into his drama. Peter we can agree to disagree - it's about how you go about it. If you think you're right on everything - there is no room for thoughtful discussions. Phoebe Lewis will be getting ahold of you because of the photo's. You never DID ADDRESS the situation of stealing photo's without first checking to see whose property they are. They happen to be the property of Jerry Lee Lewis. Want to see the legal sheets to where they were signed off to Jerry Lee's estate? I'll let you deal with the legal ramifications. 1967 a great year. Buck Hutcheson said you're wrong. He should know. He was there in the sixties. You love the center of attention when in reality what I told you to do - you need to do - go get yourself a boyfriend and quit hating on Jerry Lee and those of his fans who are openly gay. I think your last conversation when you tried to out an openly "gay" man was that you got outed. Remember that Peter? You said you prefer black men. On that I agree - they are indeed sexy. But what is with all of the photo's on your site? Be honest to who you are and quit running like a little kid when YOU COME TO MY facebook page and leave a message and don't allow me to reply. I'm quoting Peter Checksfield "August 28, 2011 (maybe 1969) who knows "Ask your questions elsewhere Jeffrey. I have no interest in the Lewis family." Seems apparent to me that you are consistent at being very inconsistent. Then you say (you meant dealing with the Lewise's on facebook - yet you started this whole thing on Frankie Jean's page) over a photo? ARE YOU SERIOUSLY KIDDING ME? Frankie Jean called me this morning and she told me to give you this message - "thank you for bringing attention to her facebook page," and to seriously call her so she can discuss as well as Marion her husband things you've disrespected his wife about. Marion wants to talk to you now. There number is 318-757-4422 - be sure to ask for Marion Terrell because he's had enough of your mouth. As far as saying she is crazy she admitted to me - since when has that been news?
bailbath

Site Admin

Postby Dave McKee » Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:54 pm

Deleted
Last edited by Dave McKee on Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dave McKee

Postby bailbath » Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:14 am

Dave McKee wrote:Jeffrey, why can't you accept the facts as quoted by Peter?

Thanks for your input Dave but I am the admin here and it won't help if you continue the discussion on.
Sorry
Ian
bailbath

Site Admin

Postby Dave McKee » Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:12 am

Sorry Ian, I'll delete that one.
Dave McKee

Postby bailbath » Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:13 am

Thank you Dave.
Ian :D