Don't f.ck with the Lewises

Don't f.ck with the Lewises

Postby Maarten K. » Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:15 am

Couldn't find a already exsisting thread, so here goes.

I haven't seen it in quite some time but a friend mentioned it last night in conversation. And it got me wondering about the following.

At one time Frankie mentions one of Jerry's ex-wives regularly phones to Frankie and she puts the horne by a speaker with Jerry's music. Her current husband doesn't allow her to listen to his music.

Assuming this is true (and someone is at the other hand of the horne): who can this ex-wive be? Surely not Myra? I think Frankie mentions the ex is ill. Any clues?
Maarten K.

Re: Don't f.ck with the Lewises

Postby peterchecksfield » Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:29 am

Maarten K. wrote:Couldn't find a already exsisting thread, so here goes.

I haven't seen it in quite some time but a friend mentioned it last night in conversation. And it got me wondering about the following.

At one time Frankie mentions one of Jerry's ex-wives regularly phones to Frankie and she puts the horne by a speaker with Jerry's music. Her current husband doesn't allow her to listen to his music.

Assuming this is true (and someone is at the other hand of the horne): who can this ex-wive be? Surely not Myra? I think Frankie mentions the ex is ill. Any clues?

I suspect this was no more than a figment of Frankie's very vivid imagination, & that she was simply trying to impress the visiting JLL fans (but instead she made herself look like an idiot).
peterchecksfield

Postby Maarten K. » Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:06 am

If I remember correct there actually was a receiver next to a speaker playing Jerry's music.

Could it be one of Jerry first two wives? Jane and Dorothy (correct names?)? Or are they no longer with us?
Maarten K.

Postby peterchecksfield » Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:12 am

Maarten K. wrote:If I remember correct there actually was a receiver next to a speaker playing Jerry's music.

So? What does that prove???
peterchecksfield

Postby Tony Papard » Sat Jun 06, 2009 2:59 pm

peterchecksfield wrote:
Maarten K. wrote:If I remember correct there actually was a receiver next to a speaker playing Jerry's music.

So? What does that prove???

Other things Frankie has said: Jerry Lee Lewis was born in the Lewis House, Jerry Lee Lewis was born without the aid of a doctor in a shack whilst mama was out picking cotton, the whole family went to a black church between Ferriday and Black River (the only white family to do so in the era of segregation), someone pushed Elmo Jr under the car and was still living in Ferriday, the Starck upright piano at the Ranch is a fake and the real one is hidden away in Frankie's museum (but nobody is allowed to see it), and when Elmo Jr died in the car accident Mrs Lewis packed up his clothes and took them over to Tupelo, Ms to Mr and Mrs Presley and little Elvis can be seen wearing them in the famous photo of him with his parents.

I'm sure dear Frankie has told many other stories, some true, but many not.
Long ago in Ferriday down in Louisiana, They all watched Jerry play and pump that old piana

My blog: http://www.tonypapard.info/

My Jerry Lee Lewis page:
http://www.btinternet.com/~tony.papard/JERRYLEELEWIS.HTM
Tony Papard

Postby peterchecksfield » Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:31 pm

PirateHook wrote:Does anyone have this documentary online? I seen it before http://www1.nrk.no/nett-tv/klipp/56746

No, though I have an excellent DVD of this.
peterchecksfield

Postby peterchecksfield » Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:23 am

jllWAfan1982 wrote:is this a professional release?

No, I don't think it's been released officially. Mine is from Norwegian TV, transferred to DVD from an off-air VHS master.
peterchecksfield

Postby bailbath » Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:18 am

peterchecksfield wrote:

No, I don't think it's been released officially. Mine is from Norwegian TV, transferred to DVD from an off-air VHS master.

Thanks Peter.
Ian
bailbath

Site Admin

Postby Maarten K. » Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:46 am

peterchecksfield wrote:

I've taped miney from Dutch tv with a dvd-recorder.
In Amsterdam we have an annual film-festival. A few years ago they showed this documentary and there was quite some publicity in newspapers/ tv guides, etc. We went to Amsterdam to go see it but we couldn't get in. A few weeks later this was shown on tv as a special selection from that festival. So, it wasn't officially released but in Holland it was part of the festival in Amsterdam.
Maarten K.

Postby PirateHook » Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:26 am

I really want it, i can trade it for something
PirateHook

Postby peterchecksfield » Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:32 am

PirateHook wrote:I really want it, i can trade it for something

peterchecksfield@gmail.com :D
peterchecksfield

Postby Maarten K. » Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:18 am

peterchecksfield wrote:
PirateHook wrote:I really want it, i can trade it for something

peterchecksfield@gmail.com :D

lironahu@yahoo.com

:wink:
Maarten K.

Postby PirateHook » Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:54 pm

Does the adresses work on msn?
PirateHook

Postby peterchecksfield » Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:33 am

PirateHook wrote:Does the adresses work on msn?

Not mine...just send me your trading list to my email address & hopefully we can arrange something!
peterchecksfield

Postby PirateHook » Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:06 pm

Have anyone found it on internet?
PirateHook

Next

Return to Discussions