Youtube



Re: Youtube

Postby fede4avar » Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:02 pm

PeterC wrote:The link isn't working for me, but presumably this is that mimed performance of 'What's Made Milwaukee Famous' that was broadcast on French TV in 1970 (but taped earlier)? I never did find out for certain, but I strongly suspect it is a specially made record company promo video.

Why doesn't the link work?
fede4avar

User avatar
 
Posts: 641
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2008 12:06 pm

Re: Youtube

Postby PianoLidAgain » Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:10 pm

fede4avar wrote:Why doesn't the link work?

Try this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0g5EUySsx4
PianoLidAgain

 
Posts: 112
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 10:03 pm
Location: Atlanta GA

Re: Youtube

Postby PianoLidAgain » Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:03 pm

By the way:

Youtube now uses https (SSL Encrypted) protocol. But this forum recognizes only the older http url's (probably the entire string "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=") when parsing [youtube][/youtube] tags.

After copying and pasting youtube link and applying youtube tags, change https to http and video embedding works correctly.

So...
Code: Select all
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0g5EUySsx4[/youtube]

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0g5EUySsx4[/youtube]

but..
Code: Select all
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0g5EUySsx4[/youtube]

PianoLidAgain

 
Posts: 112
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 10:03 pm
Location: Atlanta GA

Re: Youtube

Postby Safc1973 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:48 am

PianoLidAgain wrote:By the way:

Youtube now uses https (SSL Encrypted) protocol. But this forum recognizes only the older http url's (probably the entire string "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=") when parsing [youtube][/youtube] tags.

After copying and pasting youtube link and applying youtube tags, change https to http and video embedding works correctly.

So...
Code: Select all
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0g5EUySsx4[/youtube]

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0g5EUySsx4[/youtube]

but..
Code: Select all
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0g5EUySsx4[/youtube]




Pity he's miming
Safc1973

 
Posts: 163
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:54 pm

Re: Youtube

Postby MarkusR » Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:00 pm

The best mimed performance I have seen, but the piano got him caught. By the way, it runs a bit to fast.
MarkusR

 
Posts: 64
Joined: Tue May 07, 2013 8:40 pm

Re: Youtube

Postby PeterC » Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:03 pm

MarkusR wrote:By the way, it runs a bit to fast.


It was me who found this long-lost footage (among some old 'Point Chaud' episodes that a friend had liberated), but Lucio made a corrected version which runs at the correct speed and is in stereo. It doesn't appear to be on youtube anymore.
PeterC

User avatar
 
Posts: 3417
Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:23 pm

Re: Youtube

Postby tchr » Sat May 11, 2019 2:43 pm

Seen this one?:
Cinécraft Productions 1982 MTV Reports; The Survivors, Jerry Lee Lewis, Carl Perkins and Johnny Cash
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7CDO8Hc40k
tchr

 
Posts: 543
Joined: Sat Jun 23, 2007 6:02 pm

Re: Youtube

Postby PeterC » Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:20 pm

A newly-surfaced recording from 1986 in great quality (Jerry's set starts around 43 minutes into the video):



Keep My Motor Running
Sweet Little Sixteen
Lucille
Trouble In Mind
I'm Looking Over a Four Leaf Clover
Rockin My Life Away
Drinkin Wine
Over The Rainbow
Mexicali Rose
C.C. Rider
Boogie Woogie Country Man
Meat Man
Middle Age Crazy
Great Balls Of Fire
Whole Lotta Shakin Goin On
PeterC

User avatar
 
Posts: 3417
Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:23 pm

Re: Youtube

Postby Dirk B. » Fri Sep 27, 2019 5:36 pm

Fantastic material! Thanks, Peter!
Dirk B.

 
Posts: 723
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2007 5:57 pm
Location: Nieheim, Germany

Re: Youtube

Postby Dirk B. » Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:23 am

One correction: There's no "Mexicali Rose". Instead of this song we hear an incomplete recording of "Mona Lisa".
Dirk B.

 
Posts: 723
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2007 5:57 pm
Location: Nieheim, Germany

Re: Youtube

Postby wolfgangguhl » Sun Sep 29, 2019 1:45 pm

wolfgangguhl

 
Posts: 3900
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 6:55 pm
Location: Munich, Germany

Re: Youtube

Postby peter molecz » Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:16 pm

PeterC wrote:A newly-surfaced recording from 1986 in great quality (Jerry's set starts around 43 minutes into the video):



Keep My Motor Running
Sweet Little Sixteen
Lucille
Trouble In Mind
I'm Looking Over a Four Leaf Clover
Rockin My Life Away
Drinkin Wine
Over The Rainbow
Mexicali Rose
C.C. Rider
Boogie Woogie Country Man
Meat Man
Middle Age Crazy
Great Balls Of Fire
Whole Lotta Shakin Goin On



maybe: Hall Of Famers Tour 1986 - Yankee Stadium Bronx/New York (40000 people)
Peter M.
peter molecz

 
Posts: 120
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2007 6:35 am

Re: Youtube

Postby peter molecz » Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:21 pm

peter molecz wrote:
PeterC wrote:A newly-surfaced recording from 1986 in great quality (Jerry's set starts around 43 minutes into the video):



Keep My Motor Running
Sweet Little Sixteen
Lucille
Trouble In Mind
I'm Looking Over a Four Leaf Clover
Rockin My Life Away
Drinkin Wine
Over The Rainbow
Mexicali Rose
C.C. Rider
Boogie Woogie Country Man
Meat Man
Middle Age Crazy
Great Balls Of Fire
Whole Lotta Shakin Goin On



maybe: Hall Of Famers Tour 1986 - Yankee Stadium Bronx/New York (40000 people)
Peter M.


July 3/1986
peter molecz

 
Posts: 120
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2007 6:35 am

Re: Youtube

Postby lucio » Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:03 pm

tchr wrote:Seen this one?:
Cinécraft Productions 1982 MTV Reports; The Survivors, Jerry Lee Lewis, Carl Perkins and Johnny Cash
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7CDO8Hc40k


Nice find.

If there is a better audio for this great Survivors USA tour footage, I could edit it in for everyone thereby replacing the narration.
lucio

 
Posts: 71
Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2007 2:16 pm

Previous

Return to Discussions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests